Onions?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekest

Preferred Member
Apr 1, 2013
Grilled onions with a teaspoon of refined white sugar caramelizes them nice and sweet.

jkrug

Preferred Member
Jan 23, 2015
LOVE onions...cooked any way you can think of, raw in salads or a nice thick slice of sweet onion between two slices of buttered toast slathered with yellow mustard!! Yummy!!

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Nevada: thanks for asking that . How the he'll does one even find an old forum on freaking onions. Some BS going on here.

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
When I saw the title, I thought C.E. had beaten the nanner baccy with a new flavor.
There's onion baccy?!
How the he'll does one even find an old forum on freaking onions
By googling onions+pipes magazine.com.
And in the spirit of the post, wild onions found in my yard are happily cleaned and eaten. I love all forms of them!

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
Ramps cooked with a mess of fresh caught crappie or blue gill... delicious.

But, you're whole body will smell like you were sprayed and beaten by an onion skunk for a week. :puffy:

jazz

Preferred Member
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Mr. Jorchamp, why do you keep resurrecting these old threads? Just curious.
Last time he did this I said I was going to ask if he did it again. You beat me to it.
Jorchamp, why have you joined a pipe and tobacco forum to keep raising long dead food threads? What's your angle buddy? My curiosity is nagging at me.

jorchamp

Mar 21, 2016
Didn't understand how things worked. I will stick to responding to current messages. Thanks

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
Jorchamp, there is no rule about necrobumps. You may resurrect any thread you like. But, when it happens often in one day, it floods the thread wall.

You're OK with checking out our old conversations. It's kind of nice to see some posters that I haven't seen in a while.

nevadablue

Preferred Member
Jun 5, 2017
Yep, I was just curious.
I see that the dandelion leaves in my yard are turning red. Fall colors. Think I will dry some and smoke them... 8O I love onions, but smoking them seems wrong.

oldmansmoking

Preferred Member
May 13, 2017
UK
I love onions and grow our own on our allotment, garlic as well.

It would be a poor world without the genus Allium.

madox07

Preferred Member
Dec 12, 2016
Warren ... I am all for peanut butter and onions, I will definitely give them a try next time I fire up the grill.

tbradsim1

Preferred Member
Jan 14, 2012
Yesterday while bushogging my pasture, there is a spot near a little coulee, stream for you Northern guys that always is thick with wild onions, when I hit that big patch with the hog, the smell was so lucious I just thought of gumbos, étouffée, jambalayas, made me so hungry I almost shut it down and went to the kitchen. :laughat:

Status
Not open for further replies.