One Fugly Pipe (IMO)

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Preferred Member
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
While killing some time today I was browsing through the Pipe Club of London website. I found this very unusual looking meerschaum with the weirdest looking decoration I have ever seen.
The text said - "Meerschaum figural Snipe - bakelite "bill" stem

Meerschaum head, meerschaum bowl insert, glass eyes, cased.

Length: 5 3/4" - 14.5 cm - Origin Vienna (prob.) - Date: ? circa 1935 ?
From the collection of: Trevor Burgess"

numbersix

Preferred Member
Jul 27, 2012
lol! It is a snipe - Funny looking as hell, but I could see that appealing to an outdoorsman or maybe someone who lives on a beach.

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member
Feb 27, 2013
As a woodcock hunter or as we refer to them here in Maine, Timberdoodles,I'd buy that in a heart beat!

withnail

Preferred Member
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
:) That's why I added the "IMO" to the title as tastes vary so much from person to person. If I was smoking it, I would never be able to forget that it would look like I was French kissing a bird!

drwatson

Preferred Member
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I think that its cool as he%$...Wouldnt smoke it though. Would just put it on shelf for conversation.

cajunguy

Preferred Member
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Interesting pipe. I'm also thinking that if you removed the stem, you could play some interesting practical jokes on people. :twisted:

okrent

Mar 12, 2013
That's rad. I would buy it in an instant and smoke it at the beach to show all the snipes who's boss.

javajunkie

Feb 26, 2013
Yeah... I can see the appeal, but just could not bring myself to do a figural pipe at this point, of any kind. Knowing myself, I would turn myself cross eyed trying to stare it down while smoking. o)

Status
Not open for further replies.