PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
While killing some time today I was browsing through the Pipe Club of London website. I found this very unusual looking meerschaum with the weirdest looking decoration I have ever seen.
The text said - "Meerschaum figural Snipe - bakelite "bill" stem

Meerschaum head, meerschaum bowl insert, glass eyes, cased.

Length: 5 3/4" - 14.5 cm - Origin Vienna (prob.) - Date: ? circa 1935 ?
From the collection of: Trevor Burgess"
IMG_2170_Medium_2-597x417.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
lol! It is a snipe - Funny looking as hell, but I could see that appealing to an outdoorsman or maybe someone who lives on a beach.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
As a woodcock hunter or as we refer to them here in Maine, Timberdoodles,I'd buy that in a heart beat!

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
:) That's why I added the "IMO" to the title as tastes vary so much from person to person. If I was smoking it, I would never be able to forget that it would look like I was French kissing a bird!

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Interesting pipe. I'm also thinking that if you removed the stem, you could play some interesting practical jokes on people. :twisted:

okrent

Might Stick Around
Mar 12, 2013
That's rad. I would buy it in an instant and smoke it at the beach to show all the snipes who's boss.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Yeah... I can see the appeal, but just could not bring myself to do a figural pipe at this point, of any kind. Knowing myself, I would turn myself cross eyed trying to stare it down while smoking. o)

Status
Not open for further replies.