PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I can’t tell if it’s my tastes, tolerance or a change in the tobaccos itself but things that I thought were strong previously are just right for me. Peterson PPP, Irish Flake, SH Bracken, GH Dark Plug. I wish Bracken were still available. That was a keeper. I don’t find Royal Yacht or Hyde Park to be strong but people have mentioned both as high N.

I am sure that people who don't know me probably think I am an asshole for bashing GH
No no no... you’re spicy! Ha ha! If everyone agreed all the time, the forum would suck. And, having different opinions is one thing, but to adequately articulate them with vehement and a sense of humor is an art. puffy

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Some blends on the strong end are Samuel Gawith Brown Nr. 4, Gawith & Hoggarth Dark Flake, HH Bold Kentucky and Cornell & Diehl Burley Flake Nr. 2. All those are strong, but for me they are well smokeable in medium sized pipes. The often mentioned Old Joe Kranz is below the above blends nicotine wise, in my opinion.

One blend that beats them all in the nicotine department is HH Rustica. Personally I wouldn't smoke this in any bigger than a group two or three pipe.

F4RM3R

Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Lots of good suggestions here. Might want to get some straight perique to add to some of the burleys or dfk you have been trying but aren't seeming to be potent enough. While the perique won't increase the total nicotine, it will make things more alkaline and easier absorbed through the mouth.

I only smoke my own blends with whole leaf and the dfk and dark air burley from whole leaf tobacco are quite potent, the dfk is a little less potent but tastes much better IMO. They also have some perique. Straight uncased dfk is about as strong as i need but, throw some perique in there(and skip on the virginias) and you got some serious kick.

Effortlessdepths

Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
Okay.. I have a very high nicotine tolerance and I am in search of a blend or straight tobacco that will knock me on my ass with the amount of nicotine. I have tried several blends that people say have high nicotine but doesnt. I have Stokkebye 314 Dark Fired Kentucky, I have tried Royal Yacht, I have combined straight burley with DFK etc etc and they do not do anything for me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of the crown jewel of extremely high nicotine tobacco?
Get some Cornell and Diehl Burley Flake #1 & 3, and some Picayune if you can find it. Light up a big fat bowl and you won't be disappointed.

chefmike

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
No no no... you’re spicy! Ha ha! If everyone agreed all the time, the forum would suck. And, having different opinions is one thing, but to adequately articulate them with vehement and a sense of humor is an art. puffy
This. Times 4,000. If only the world could get this.

The reason I started interacting here was seeing this mindset repeated across posts over years.

And people that understand that sometimes you just want the satisfaction of nicotine...

Status
Not open for further replies.