PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Title edited for caps. Follow the damn rules, you moron!

This thread is meant to allow for comments on what you liked, what you'll watch coming up.

And criticism or questions on why x, y or z was done the way it was. Excepting gender comments!

Last edited:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I loved the pole vaulting most of all. Graceful and gravity defying!
Golf: So glad Tommy Fleetwood medaled.
800 W: The British woman who flew around the track. I can't even walk 800 meters.
The Brit win in 8 man rowing.
More, but later.

One question: When did all of the mixed events start? They seem just like padding to me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Not a fan of: Basketball, though will FF through the men's final. Apparatus events: Impressive, but just not a fan.
Shooting- The quality of the participants is outrageously good, but just found it hard to get in to.

Reactions: JOHN72

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, the presenters seem to be there to appeal to 20 year olds. Only Mike Turico deserved a top spot.

Woman's beach VB and men's indoor VB were among my favorites.

Men's soccer hobbled by FIFA interference, allowing only 23 and under, with three guys over that age. US women's team is worth a watch, though.

Reactions: JOHN72 and STP
Aug 1, 2012
USA
Looking forward to the free climbing. Bmx and skateboarding are fun too. Best part is that the commentators tend to know at least a little bit about what they're seeing.

Reactions: JOHN72 and STP
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've enjoyed most of it. I like seeing sports normally not shown on TV. Yes, even badminton and handball. Loved Scottie Scheffler's amazing comeback in golf. Gymnastics was great. Track & Field has been fun to watch. Watching a very exciting USA vs Germany women's soccer match right now, in OT.

I also really like seeing the camaraderie among team mates and among the athletes in general. Amazing how well everyone can get along when the politics and greedy pricks are left out of the equation.

Aug 1, 2012
USA
I've enjoyed most of it. I like seeing sports normally not shown on TV. Yes, even badminton and handball. Loved Scottie Scheffler's amazing comeback in golf. Gymnastics was great. Track & Field has been fun to watch. Watching a very exciting USA vs Germany women's soccer match right now, in OT.

I also really like seeing the camaraderie among team mates and among the athletes in general. Amazing how well everyone can get along when the politics and greedy pricks are left out of the equation.
Got a former student in the badminton this year. He's good but not gold this time.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I am also keen on discus, a bit on shot put. Partly because I did those in high school, along with the 440.... Imagine a 140 pound teenager putting the shot! I was about 1/3 the size of the guys and gals who are in the games this year.

Reactions: Sigmund and JOHN72