PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BriarLinedMeer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 15, 2020
New Zealand
Going to start these up as I like posting here.

UFC 282, what were those judges thinking! Absolute crock of rubbish.
Blatant favoritism for Paddy.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Seems like Paddy definitely lost that, but, he's worth more as a winner with his hype train. The UFC has been more blatant the last several years of making matches based on ticket sales than merit. That said, there have been several stellar cards this past year, whether PPV or Fight Night, where we got a plethora of finishes. Judges need to be overhauled. Sal D'Amato and Chris Lee are a problem.

BriarLinedMeer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 15, 2020
New Zealand
I think the UFC is so desperate for another Conor, they'll bend the rules as much as possible.
None of the other athletes are so charismatic.

The judges seem really poor at the moment, in particular the ones you mentioned.
I wonder if they'll get banned or punished in some way, as its terrible for the sport.

And absolutely, some amazing cards, Islam vs Olivera comes to mind, Porier vs Chandler also, and a few others.

Whats your take on Volk vs Islam?

I love both of them and they're amazing athletes, best of luck to both imo.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Fight Night 217, January 14, 2023

The stoppage seemed a bit premature in the Charles Johnson vs. Jimmy Flick fight. Flick wasn’t blocking everything that well, but, it didn’t seem that a stoppage was warranted.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I was pleasantly surprised by how aggressive Raquel Pennington came out swinging. What was more surprising was how flabby her midriff was. Susan walked in from shopping, looked at the screen, and said, “Pennington looks like she has a beer belly—like us!”

• Haha
Reactions: Zero
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Here we go!

Weird circumstances with the light heavyweight draw in the last main event gives Glover a shot at reclaiming the crown. It'll be interesting. I wonder if Marcos will lose the 0 in the opening early prelim.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Sergey Spivac’s ground control was too much for Derrick Lewis, who has never had a ground game all these years—such a delicate tap by Lewis. My friends think he should retire or go to Power Slap.