PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
The round tin does look weird. Is that flake in there?

ODF is one if the few blends that I buy by the pound and the ready rubbed is my preference. It would be fun to buy ready rubbed in a tin.

I was bummed when I missed out on the plugs. Anybody want to sell me one or two?

Reactions: JOHN72

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
The round tin does look weird. Is that flake in there?

ODF is one if the few blends that I buy by the pound and the ready rubbed is my preference. It would be fun to buy ready rubbed in a tin.

I was bummed when I missed out on the plugs. Anybody want to sell me one or two?
Mac Baren's HH ODF is flake cut.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
That makes the round tin even more weird.

I have round tins that are as yet unopened of flake cuts that originally came in square tins.

But at least they take up the extra space. I don't like my flakes becoming ready rubbed on motorcycle trips, less void to have to fill for it to not bounce around and break up. I'd have no problem with it if it would be properly ready-rubbed, but it just ends up half way, goes from flakes to splinters.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
There used to be a video on YouTube of Per George Jensen at the Mac Baren factory showing off bales of leaf harvested in 1974 and 1983 that went into Old Dark Fired. I'd be curious to know when they ran out of that old stock leaf, what they replaced it with, and how it changed the flavor of the blend.

I posted a link to the video a few years ago in this post

I love to see the video again. Maybe someone knows how to resurrect it from internet archives.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
There used to be a video on YouTube of Per George Jensen at the Mac Baren factory showing off bales of leaf harvested in 1974 and 1983 that went into Old Dark Fired. I'd be curious to know when they ran out of that old stock leaf, what they replaced it with, and how it changed the flavor of the blend.

I posted a link to the video a few years ago in this post

I love to see the video again. Maybe someone knows how to resurrect it from internet archives.
There were some really good videos of his that aren't available anymore. I was just looking for one I knew existed and couldn't find it a few weeks ago. I forget the topic now but I specifically went looking for it to refresh my memory and couldn't find it.

Reactions: wolflarsen