Odd Meerschaum. I Can't Figure Out Origin.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipekitty7

Lurker
May 13, 2018
I know most of you meer enthusiast will say... "That's a wood pipe"! I thought it was too, at first. But I've lightly sanded the top rim, and I got a light colored powdery dust. It's a heavy pipe. In the bowl chamber I can see the meer color in spots. It was lightly smoked. It has the typical meer screw-in tenon, and a Bakelite stem. It has a silver band with the nomenclature: "KTP" in a diamond shape box, and "Starling Silver" stamped on the band. I know it's not like any meer I've ever seen before... and I've owned and sold many. I'm 99% sure its meerschaum. If anyone knows it's origin or recognizes the stamping on the band, please let me know. It's a mystery to me!

AF1QipNnN9Q8f5G_PYSOT4VHm-BtjCGmqv4q4xF-FKLz
AF1QipO7QHMNIF3InHbD99dCdy0jDeLGX8OaXVRb-01A
AF1QipMMKCrdlJKObEhVpPwhkfLxXIad1Eyaun8hbvL8
AF1QipOMClvujVGvVDJJ0AyIJyi0l-puPvbhWQpBRcpj

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I can't see the images. Google images tend to have very long URLs- perhaps they got truncated?
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay; Amazon Pinterest; Facebook; an online Pipe retailer; you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos under "Latest Discussions" in different formats:

LINK to that thread

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This is how to add photos to your post using the site's photo album:

I've struck through what you've already accomplished.

1.) Login

2.) Go to My Account (may have hit Home button first) and mouse down to Album.

3.) Choose Upload Picture (navigate to photo you've given a sensible name to), be sure to then hit Upload.

4.) Go back to Album, click on thumbnail to open full size image.
Right click (Windows); Control Click (Mac) and select "copy image location" (its URL).

5.) Return to your reply window in the thread and click on the IMG button at the top of the compose window.

7.) Paste the image location into the window and click OK. (You can paste over the existing http://)

Status
Not open for further replies.