PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Hello.
Been using the Internet to figure out what to use and what to smoke for months now. Overdue to at least say hello.
Smoking pipes about 4 months now though gave it a shot as early as 19. Was a big cigar smoker when I was healthier and when life/career was kind. Once a day in the hot tub everyday after I cooked dinner.

I appreciate all the help here. I am not snob in anyways. I am sure I am in some category but not pipes and perhaps I would be in cigars if u told me you were smoking 7-11 stuff. Meh, whatever one likes and can afford, right?

If I had got into pipes about 5 years ago I suspect I would have an envious collection as that's how I ran when I had a career.
Stuck finding deals now.

LOVE THE EXPERTISE. U all seem like good folks and I appreciate it immensely.

Thanks for your help and I will be smoking my pipe on the back of a cabin in the mtns of CO over Xmas thanks to your folks help- (just a rental- ha not the pipes).
Happy there's a good tobacconist locally but they are a tad snobby to be honest. I even caught heck for wanting an Ashton CT. shade vs. the maduros as I just don't do the cigars as I once did.
Feel free to guide my butt to the right practices which thankfully I am was an IT guy and I research everything- you guys rock.

COS

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Welcome aboard brother, lots of great folks around here. Tell us, what blends have you tried and what seems to tickle your nose right now?

Reactions: cosgringo

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Welcome to the forum. The only silly question is the one not asked. I started my pipe experience here with this bunch of miscreants and goobers. Always glad to have another. Toke on fellow bacci brother.

Reactions: cosgringo

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Welcome neighbor ! I'm west of Cripple Creek at 9000 feet up, 100% off grid, on a small ranch with a cabin. I visit Stag Tobacco Shop in COS on rare occasion, it might be the one you mentioned. I had a lil' run-in with a cocky worker there a few years ago. And their prices are almost doubled in there compared to online.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from the SF Bay Area. I'm in kind of a similar situation. Not working right now. Just driving a bit for uber/door dash. I have found that even with money a bit tight i can pipe pretty well. I would say my monthly pipe/tobacco purchases have been averaging about $150 a month and i don't feel deprived. And that's half what i was spending buying a pack of Black American Spirits every day!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central N.C. I think your budget will prefer pipes to cigars. One tin of premium pipe tobacco will give you twenty average size bowls at the price of one or two up-market cigars. Forums has members who smoke mostly artisan pipes, some made on commission, and the finest tobacco, and others who smoke mostly or only cobs and bag and pouch tobacco, and everyone in between, with no snobbishness going either way usually. Whatever you can afford, enjoy, and can get your hands on. Some make their own pipes, some with few tools. Welcome again, and have fun.

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
Hello.
Been using the Internet to figure out what to use and what to smoke for months now. Overdue to at least say hello.
Smoking pipes about 4 months now though gave it a shot as early as 19. Was a big cigar smoker when I was healthier and when life/career was kind. Once a day in the hot tub everyday after I cooked dinner.

I appreciate all the help here. I am not snob in anyways. I am sure I am in some category but not pipes and perhaps I would be in cigars if u told me you were smoking 7-11 stuff. Meh, whatever one likes and can afford, right?

If I had got into pipes about 5 years ago I suspect I would have an envious collection as that's how I ran when I had a career.
Stuck finding deals now.

LOVE THE EXPERTISE. U all seem like good folks and I appreciate it immensely.

Thanks for your help and I will be smoking my pipe on the back of a cabin in the mtns of CO over Xmas thanks to your folks help- (just a rental- ha not the pipes).
Happy there's a good tobacconist locally but they are a tad snobby to be honest. I even caught heck for wanting an Ashton CT. shade vs. the maduros as I just don't do the cigars as I once did.
Feel free to guide my butt to the right practices which thankfully I am was an IT guy and I research everything- you guys rock.

COS
Welcome aboard! Texas or Georgia might be calling your name. Colorado Springs is expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.