PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
OK, straight shooting it here... been here on the forum quite awhile, always been a bit of a loner here and usually only chime in when the dogs get let out or if I'm looking for a treasured hard-to- get tobacco. But since I recently posted my pic in my profile, well here's the scoop :

Over the years I've been told I resemble him. When people say I look like Sam Elliott I quickly say " Well thanks but actually Mr Elliott looks a lot like me." At first it was kinda fun but now it just old. Dang, I don't how those Hollyweird stars enjoy going out in public. Zero privacy.

I've been asked for autographs before too. I don't talk because I'd give it away. I just sign, "Thanks for being a fan, " and then I sign my real name, Kirk XXXXX . Some people catch it some don't. Am I a "double" of the guy? Nah, just a resemblance. I am a cowboy kinda guy but that's about it. Here's some pics...and yeah it's me. The hat helps. And that's that.

Attachments

• K&J.jpg
    K&J.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 74
  • kirk royal gorge.jpg
    kirk royal gorge.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 13220972_558315521017619_690612515007705890_n.jpg
    13220972_558315521017619_690612515007705890_n.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 74
  • dcp_2176.jpg
    dcp_2176.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 73
  • dcp_3993-avatar2.jpg
    dcp_3993-avatar2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
lol- no jokin' u be sam elliott smokin'. U should do some side jobs impersonating him. Voice line up?
Perhaps a touch of beard dye so u can be the early Sam.
:)

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Oh- and lol- you a CO guy? Sure Royal Gorge is tourist material but thought perhaps u r out here. Tarryall area?
Please don't tell me u have a trout stream running on your property? If so, I'll bring the tobac, bevs, and food.

Reactions: danimalia

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
If it makes you feel better (or maybe it'll make you feel worse), I don't have the slightest clue who Sam Elliot is. When people were making the reference in that other thread, I was thinking "T. S. Elliot??" ? I'm not joking.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
OK, straight shooting it here... been here on the forum quite awhile, always been a bit of a loner here and usually only chime in when the dogs get let out or if I'm looking for a treasured hard-to- get tobacco. But since I recently posted my pic in my profile, well here's the scoop :

Over the years I've been told I resemble him. When people say I look like Sam Elliott I quickly say " Well thanks but actually Mr Elliott looks a lot like me." At first it was kinda fun but now it just old. Dang, I don't how those Hollyweird stars enjoy going out in public. Zero privacy.

I've been asked for autographs before too. I don't talk because I'd give it away. I just sign, "Thanks for being a fan, " and then I sign my real name, Kirk XXXXX . Some people catch it some don't. Am I a "double" of the guy? Nah, just a resemblance. I am a cowboy kinda guy but that's about it. Here's some pics...and yeah it's me. The hat helps. And that's that.

Sure you're not Sam Elliott.

I'd challenge anyone to read "kola's" above narration after listening to Sam below without hearing the same voice. The cadence and all is right there in his writing...he just can't hide it.

It's Sam alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.