PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
My daughter took these pictures from her upstairs window last night. She lives in St. Albert, Alberta which is more or less a part of Edmonton.
oxDNp6b.jpg

n6L4CEY.jpg

uAqDfUo.jpg

jtzEpu9.jpg

nUa09Zx.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
wow another example of how nature is full of beauty. Reminds me of one of the first genuinely religious experiences I've had was being overwhelmed by the beauty of nature in part and in whole and just thinking this is evidence of a creator who maybe many things but has love for us and provides such splendor just for being. Sorry to wax philosophical, wait no apology what do you expect sharing something like this :).

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I used to live in northern Manitoba, in a small mining town called Leaf Rapids. I was an open pit surveyor. This will sound magical or mysterious or crazy; but when it was really cold and the northern lights were burning bright in the sky, you could hear them faintly hiss. Like a medium volume sound or the sound of steam hissing out of a steam heating system at very low pressure. It was extremely fascinating. At those times the lights were just overhead and totally breath-taking. I have no idea as to the science behind the phenomena of the lights, but I'm just content to see them. They are amazing when you can take a short walk and get out of any of the ambient light from city or town, and view them solely in the dark of the night.
anotherbob: I totally agree.