PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A bit blurry, but is that one of his Brown Grains?
20181111_000130.jpg

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
"instymp, seems like Nording does OK with the "shiny varniah" thing in that the ones I have look quite attractive with their application of it. None of mine get hot."
Like I said it was me, not the pipe. (Hot)

And I never had a pipe with a finish like that before.

I love the pipe, my #2 fav, still not thrilled with the varnish & will probably remove it.

Am happy you love yours too!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I like Nording freehands because of the conical chambers, Certain blends really sing in a chamber that narrows toward the bottom as the flavors seem to become more concentrated. Of course some of the enjoyment comes from having known Erik for a long time, too.
Russ

tenfiver

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
I was just thinking about this the other night. I have a Nording Ocaso that my wife bought for me years ago, and it doesn't get much time in the smoking rotation. I just pulled it out the other night on a whim, and I immediately remembered just how good of a smoker it is. That got me thinking about my other Nordings, and they are all excellent smokers too. They look a bit different, but they smoke and feel good in the hand. What more can you ask for?

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Whoo Hoo my new one came in today!
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/dethmutt/album/picture/28683[/img]

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Thank ya!!! Cant wait to take her for her virgin run.. although it may take half a damn tin to fill the bowl!! LOL
Im thinking nightcap would be appropriate to christen her!

Jan 8, 2013
although it may take half a damn tin to fill the bowl!!
One thing about Nordings, especially freehands, you can be sure you're in for a good long smoke lol! Yours is a lovely one, by the way. Congratulations, and enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Thank you, I owe this one to Chasingembers who alerted me to the sale.. Now with a 2" deep and 7/8" bowl , can he send some English to fill it? BAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Status
Not open for further replies.