No Pipe Collection is Complete Without at Least One (fill in blank) Brand Pipe..

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I've been waiting on the JT Cooke that Peck was supposed to have so graciously sent me for months now. He must have forgot with all the fine pipe collecting he has been busy with. It's ok buddy, i forgive you, just have it to me by the end of next week, along with that pound of aged Stonehaven you mentioned as well!
:rofl:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Just like acoustic guitars. You can have all the hand built luthier guitars you want, but I don't believe any collection is complete without at least one Martin. The same with pipes. All above are great, but just for history and consistency everyone needs at least one Dunhill in their collection.

Well said edgreen, I agree wholeheartedly!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Not mentioned but worthy:
Ardor: Those crazy Italians and the great smoking art pieces!
Cristiano: I got one on a whim on ebay... LOVE IT. Got another about 3 weeks ago. LOVE IT TOO.
Il Duca: OMG. Just OMG.
L'Anatra: Who doesn't want to have a bird on your stem?!
Pipa Croci: Great pipes, great prices.
Randy Wiley: Just a damn fine carver.
Tsuge: They did a GREAT job with smokingpipes.com getting a lot of entry level pipes out to the community at VERY reasonable prices and everyone here or anywhere else that got one raved about them.
+1 to (in no particular order)

Charatan (ok, there is a bit of an order. Love these)

Dunhill

Comoy

GBD

Big 3 (Petes, Savs, Stanwell)

JHW

Rad Davis

Kirsten

Castello

Cavicchi

Radice

Ser Jacopo

The Oldies (Tom Howard, KB+B, Linkmans, Marxman, Weber, Custom-bilt, and WDC)

EDIT: AND Neerup! Everyone loves them, no one talks about them and they make the new 4th Gen pipes which are lovely!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Credit to jmatt, this has been a popular post, with lots of opinions on all sides, and despite my being somewhat

a dissenter. Thanks jmatt, and welcome to Forums.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
^^ Well done! Everyone needs a Gourd Calabash!!
Also,
Don Carlos if that one wasn't mentioned.
And Chris Askwith. As many guys on here that have commissioned from Chris, I didn't see him mentioned.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Junkyard,
That IS a collection. I don't have a Tsuge or a Castello yet, and my JHW needs to be paid off to Marty Pulver. (but you can see it on his american pipes page as 'reserved')

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Definitely a meerschaum and a cob, a gourd calabash, Ascorti New Dear is cool, a Ferndown, a Kaywoodie, a Comoy, a Nachwalter, a W.O. Larson..... One may think of collecting in terms of shapes as much as brands or makers, or country of origin. If one was collecting for shapes or countries, what pipes would best represent?

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
+1

...Definitely a meerschaum and a cob, a gourd calabash,...
And a clay pipe, with which human beings have been enjoying tobacco for a few hundreds of years.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Fun to see this come around again. I would kick in Steve Weiner, who was significant in his day but whose life was cut far too short, and, a sentimental favorite for those who were in Columbus in the 60s- 70's, S&R pipes by Steve and Rosw the Anderson.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I'm pretty new to pipes, and the brands that have attracted me the strongest are Peterson, Dunhill, Castello, and Radice. I also believe my Scott Hudson is a well made and beautiful pipe. As for what would be at the core of a representative collection of the most iconic brands, certainly all of these except a Hudson pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.