PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
To me the history behind these blends is gonna become a conversation starter. When the line is discontinued and 20 years in the future I belive it will be a grail tin weather your a lat guy or va-per guy or burly guy, This is not in any of those categories but will be one I'm glad I got.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Unless used in the tiniest of condiment amounts where you have to be looking for it to find it, latakia would be all I would taste in it. A definite glad and hard pass on Uno.
Same. Albeit a small amount, the fact that there was any latakia in it was enough for me to gladly sit this one out and instead purchase some blends I know I'll enjoy.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Not if your buying it to celler for 3, 5, 10, years. Then I'd say it's the precise opposite of a rush, maybe to purchase it's a rush but once it's purchased, there is no rush to smoke it for most of us that buy these small batch limited runs.
The mad rush to buy or fear missing out on something runs completely counter to the slow pace and contemplative nature of the smoking itself.

Reactions: dcon and FLDRD

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
UNO!!!!! Officially sold out. How many were you able to get, I got 3 but I know some of you got way more then that. Just interested to see how many of us on here got some. Let us know
Newer to the limited release game but currently a Lat fan and the description sounded nice, and I'm intrigued by the future potential, so I got a few.

I've watched other blends and get introduced and go in a flash, and then read about the love that a limited blend seems to provide to many. There was no time to "try one" and then see if I wanted more.

I figure there is always a place for these, whether it's a future trade, gift, or whatever.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I don't understand the dislike for lat blends, I remember about a few years ago lat was all people wanted (i.e. plum pudding) etc. But I guess when 1 person says no to something everybody else has to follow along. To me I enjoy it all Especially unique offerings that will probably never be created again except for maby match blends but we all know those can be hit or miss.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I don't understand the dislike for lat blends, I remember about a few years ago lat was all people wanted (i.e. plum pudding) etc. But I guess when 1 person says no to something everybody else has to follow along. To me I enjoy it all Especially unique offerings that will probably never be created again except for maby match blends but we all know those can be hit or miss.
I personally just don't like latakia and know many others who don't either. Not sure this is a trend.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I don't understand the dislike for lat blends, I remember about a few years ago lat was all people wanted (i.e. plum pudding) etc.
How many of those were in their first few years of pipe smoking? Many of those that dislike them enjoyed them for several years and then just lost the taste for them.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
People like what they like and tastes can definitely change. No biggie. Right now I'm actually not in the mood for VA, aro, or heavy Latakia, so I have been smoking through some Country Squire Shepherd's Pie, but I can tell that I'll be in the mood for something completely different very soon, possibly heavier Lat, or maybe Lakeland...

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss
Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Not if your buying it to celler for 3, 5, 10, years. Then I'd say it's the precise opposite of a rush, maybe to purchase it's a rush but once it's purchased, there is no rush to smoke it for most of us that buy these small batch limited runs.
The thing about these small batch blends that stinks is nobody has tried em, yet people are buying a handful or more of tins out of fear of missing out. All it takes is that little "limited release" note in the description, or adding "small-batch" to the label and people think they need to buy as much as they can. And lately, it seems like every release is "limited".