PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

pcfdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2021
Bought zip. Jim’s reviews are my go to but so many tobaccos are getting 4 stars I selfishly wished there was a 5 star tier just to separate the good from the incredible

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss
I backed off the American wines due to findings of glyphosate in ALL OF THEM. European nations don't allow and French wines are awesome. Used to love the Cali Cab monsters back in the day...
Glyphosate is a carcinogen but it it is present in amounts far less than what would cause a problem. As a pharmaceutical scientist and chemist I can GUARANTEE that your are exposed to far more carcinogens by smoking a bowl of tobacco or breathing exhaust fumes on your way to work in the morning. Drink the wine and enjoy it!!!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not to my taste. The latakia and dark fired are secondary players and it seems that they tend to cancel each other only leaving a smokey support on the cake. I smoke latakia mixtures oftenly and this is not a latakia mixture. It is , i would say , a unique and very special vaper.
A friend brought me a tin when he went for a cigar run. The latakia percentage is above the point I can tolerate. It tastes exactly like Pirate Kake, Penzance, Presbyterian, EMP, Gaslight, and many other English blends to me. The lat content has to be extremely minute and far in the background or it's all I'll taste.

• Sad
A friend brought me a tin when he went for a cigar run. The latakia percentage is above the point I can tolerate. It tastes exactly like Pirate Kake, Penzance, Presbyterian, EMP, Gaslight, and many other English blends to me. The lat content has to be extremely minute and far in the background or it's all I'll taste.
I have not tried those blends you mention but the first two bowls of UNO I had were out of a savinelli and I picked up the lat but there was gobs of dark fruit that bursted forth. Last night had a third bowl in a peterson 05 and the fruit was muted significantly. maybe it was my drink pairing - coffee in the am the first time and wine in the pm the third - i dunno but I liked it better the first couple times

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have not tried those blends you mention but the first two bowls of UNO I had were out of a savinelli and I picked up the lat but there was gobs of dark fruit that bursted forth. Last night had a third bowl in a peterson 05 and the fruit was muted significantly. maybe it was my drink pairing - coffee in the am the first time and wine in the pm the third - i dunno but I liked it better the first couple times
Too much latakia in it for me. Pipes have never changed a tobacco's flavor for me though I chased that notion for decades.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Too much latakia in it for me. Pipes have never changed a tobacco's flavor for me though I chased that notion for decades.
No I haven't noticed that different pipes change a tobaccos flavor, more so I taste more flavor in a clay or Meer then I would a briar that I use for a specific blend. I wouldn't smoke uno in my English blend pipes nor my vaper pipes but a pipe that is dedicated to the "uno" uno.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
What shape Savinelli?

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Glyphosate is a carcinogen but it it is present in amounts far less than what would cause a problem. As a pharmaceutical scientist and chemist I can GUARANTEE that your are exposed to far more carcinogens by smoking a bowl of tobacco or breathing exhaust fumes on your way to work in the morning. Drink the wine and enjoy it!!!!
Sorry, guarantee not accepted. I do my own reading of literature, and have observed decades of lies.

• Wow
Reactions: OSOBUCO