PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
As a Vancouver Canucks fan I cannot endorse the Bruins (a long lasting hangover from 2011). To add onto that, the President's trophy has a history of being the kiss of death for Stanley Cup hopefuls.

I would love to see the Islanders go deep (back to my Canuck roots, Bo Horvat). My realistic cup pick - Colorado. They have experience, young proven talent and the drive.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
As a Vancouver Canucks fan I cannot endorse the Bruins (a long lasting hangover from 2011). To add onto that, the President's trophy has a history of being the kiss of death for Stanley Cup hopefuls.

I would love to see the Islanders go deep (back to my Canuck roots, Bo Horvat). My realistic cup pick - Colorado. They have experience, young proven talent and the drive.
As I posted this Avalanche are down 3-1 in the 3rd period of game 1...

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
As an NC native I'm rooting for the canes but I don't know if they've got what it takes to make it all the way. Also like the wild, they play some tough hockey that is fun to watch.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Thank God that's over with! Kings didn't deserve to win anyway, not after that disgraceful performance in Game 4. Bruins must be a little nervous, likewise the defending champs, even though they forced a Game 7. Dallas is looking pretty strong, as is Vegas. Some pink slips are definitely going to be handed out in Tampa Bay over the next few weeks, I would imagine.

Darnell Nurse is a thug, I have learned that much. Several SCF rematches of the past 30 years come to mind...I'm thinking 2000 (Dallas vs. NJ). It could happen!

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky

I've said it before 👆 the President's Cup is the kiss of death.

Enjoy the off season Bruins!

Games have been fantastic in virtually every series so far. Excited to see what's to come!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Saw the 'Canes years ago as my first professional hockey with some gift tickets that had my late wife and I seated almost against the glass. It was quite an experience.

It's true, there are a lot of Canadians on the ice, but it's all Carolinians in the parking lot.

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
It's been a little bit of a bittersweet weekend for me. I've been a Tampa fan for the better part of 30 years, but they just looked gassed towards the end of the season and the first round. But they've also played more hockey than any other team for the past 3 1/2 years, so that's understandable.

But after moving to Seattle last year, and seeing the amount of support that the Kraken have gotten in this city I have to say that I'm becoming more and more a Kraken fan. They aren't loaded up with superstars, but they have a lot of depth. And they're scrappy as hell. They win a lot of battles at the boards, and they've got quite a bit of speed.

If they could get the PP turned around a bit, they could go a lot further in these playoffs than people predicted. Hell, they already have. No one gave them a chance against Colorado.

Now with the last two Cup Champions out as well as the President's Trophy winner (no complaint here), this could be anyone's chance to seize the day.

Should be a fun post season to watch.

Reactions: Servant King

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I'm a Penguins fan, so I haven't been paying much attention to the playoffs. I'm just glad I don't gamble, because the Leafs advancing but the Bruins falling is not how I pictured things would go.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon