PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Agreed on all accounts. D&R just the more obvious in often having minimal casing compared to most others.

I swear the trend recently has been that anything that's not clearly labeled as an aromatic is greeted with, "I can't believe it's not topped or cased and it tastes like honey caramel berry sunshine."
yeah, the amount of non-aromatic smokers gushing on War Horse Bar lately has amused me.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
You guys make this sound like 1 to add to the list of things to try....the lack of acknowledgement in toppings and casings per the manufacturers descriptions is likely to avoid problems being able to ship certain blends to states with new ridiculous legislation

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
One day to reflect changing demographics marketing will have to change up the language for a whole ‘nother generation. I’m waiting for Newminster 400 Most Awesome Ass Stompin’ Mind Blowing Navy Flake.

I’m in 16oz the day I see something like that.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I bought a good amount of "luxury" bullseye flake at 1 point. It was one of the first in that genre that I real got....it eventually lost something for me. There are things I appreciate much more these days.
One of the first blends I smoke was Dunhill Navy Roll. That thing was awesome and have couple of tins left along with Peterson release. I'm kinda not feeling too lucky finding that taste again.

Reactions: Ethan

biz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2020
Florida
This is what it boils down to. My taste buds change on a daily basis. Whether it be coffee, tobacco, or whiskey. This tobacco seems to be good no matter what shape my buds are in. To me that's a winner. It's like comfort food.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Just read through this thread and I’m wondering how this compares the Peterson Flake? If it’s nearly as good or better then for the price it may replace Peterson’s for cellar stock.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
707 is almost like a ready rubbed 400
400 may be a tad sweeter.

I think you would like it. Plus it’s dirt cheap!

I’d have to smoke them side by side to do a better comparison
Initial impressions of 400 is that it's heavier or darker than 707 if that makes sense. It definitely has a baked goods quality like graham crackers or molasses cookies.

It's almost as if you picture the sweetness in 400 coming from something like dark corn syrup vs 707 coming from light corn syrup then the dark vs light reference makes more sense.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Initial impressions of 400 is that it's heavier or darker than 707 if that makes sense. It definitely has a baked goods quality like graham crackers or molasses cookies.

It's almost as if you picture the sweetness in 400 coming from something like dark corn syrup vs 707 coming from light corn syrup then the dark vs light reference makes more sense.
I could definitely see that comparison!

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Just read through this thread and I’m wondering how this compares the Peterson Flake? If it’s nearly as good or better then for the price it may replace Peterson’s for cellar stock.
Its similar as far as being on brighter, citrusier, grassier side of the virginia spectrum but I dont think its as good as Peterson Flake TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.