PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Fell in love for a day with it about a year ago, picked up a lb. Never felt the same way again. Guess I have something to look forward to as it ages.

biz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2020
Florida
Ok, so I just had some today, after a short break in smoking. I really think it's the worst tobacco I've ever had. You guys can skip the impulse buying. What the hell was I thinking?

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
2oz sample came in today from SP. The "tin" note was something like a strong caramel. Went into a jar for consumption in near future. Can't believe it has no topping per some reviews.

• Wow
Reactions: SpookedPiper

spicy_boiii

Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Can't believe it has no topping per some reviews.

Lol. Yeah, that's wrong. The amount of clearly topped/flavored blends that people claim are not is absolutely out of control. People need to taste some whole leaf/home grown/maybe even some D&R before they comment on toppings/casings/flavorings.

No knock on the blend, I'm definitely a fan.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Lol. Yeah, that's wrong. The amount of clearly topped/flavored blends that people claim are not is absolutely out of control. People need to taste some whole leaf/home grown/maybe even some D&R before they comment on toppings/casings/flavorings.

No knock on the blend, I'm definitely a fan.
It’s cased I’m sure. Maybe not “topped”.
d&R is cased too FYI. Every pipe tobacco is.

spicy_boiii

Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
It’s cased I’m sure. Maybe not “topped”.
d&R is cased too FYI. Every pipe tobacco is.

Agreed on all accounts. D&R just the more obvious in often having minimal casing compared to most others.

I swear the trend recently has been that anything that's not clearly labeled as an aromatic is greeted with, "I can't believe it's not topped or cased and it tastes like honey caramel berry sunshine."

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
For folks who have smoked 400..and veermaster, are they similar?
Not really the 400 gives you cavities it's so sweet! I usually pass over the 400 until it ages...so maybe will try it again in 4 years...

I like semi-sweet and more natural sweet, like a pinch of cavendish if any and not a huge sweet topping.

I prefer ps luxury twist or Bullseye flake to the 400 for sure.

Just saying...

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

WildTurkeySurprise

Can't Leave
Oct 23, 2020
Mt Juliet, TN
I stumbled across Newminster 400 recently while looking to try PSLTF and finding them together in a shootout on P&C. As folks have mentioned earlier, the tin note (sans tin) of the 400 is fantastic. Both blends are solid, but of the two, I like the 400 better so far.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.