PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some of the so-called codger blends require fewer relights and burn evenly and fairly cool, and you have your choice among them, whichever you like. They tend to be ribbon cut or similar, so they are easy to pack. I find PA a little too cocoa flavored, and Half-and-Half a little harsh for a simple Virginia-burley blend. But that's just me. I like SWR and SWRA, Granger, Edward G. Robinson, Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, and C&D Mountain Camp for this purpose. I just smoked some lately discovered (in a jelly jar) Lane Limited HGL, an English aromatic so-called, that was pretty good too. PC Revelation Match is also worth a try.

fishmansf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
I know some can't stand the stuff, but I can smoke C&D's Haunted Bookshop all day long for weeks on end. I've also had good luck with MM's Missouri Pride, which I regularly smoke when I'm in my tractor or working outside.
I've heard that is one that you either love it or hate it. The only experience I have with Burley is LGP Thanksgiving Day and that itself is an aromatic. Maybe Ill see if I can try some at my next pipe club meetin.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
SLOW DOWN. Choose a pipe with a wide open easy draw.Dry the tobacco you want to smoke to where it's not spongy between your fingers.Use a pipe with a deeper chamber,and longer shank,this will help cool the smoke,and help you realize the flavor more.One time,during my navy service,I walked all over Halifax,Nova Scotia one afternoon using this same method,and no problems.Just my opinion 😉 Happy smokes.