"Newbie", Now in Idaho That's Been in Hiding.... What is Mixture 79 ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlonMike

Lurker
Nov 15, 2019
Idaho
Hello All: After an almost 40 year hiatus from pipe smoking, decided to pull out my old pipes and set my cigars away for now... retired now, so pipe smoking is a lot more affordable, and my "new" wife doesn't mind the nice smell as well, so smoking in the house is ok. Have to update and refresh my knowledge a bit on things, but have been experimenting with different blends, both from a couple of local tobacco shops, but miss my old Tinder Box blends. Looking at adding some pipes to my collection, and with this new thing called the internet, ;-) shopping for pipes and tobacco should be great since there don't seem to be many ( if any ) pipe shops around any longer.

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Welcome. Somewhat familiar with that area, I was stationed at Mountain Home AFB. Almost 40 years ago. The saying back then was “Welcome to Idaho. Set your watch back 20 years” ?

There was a sign on the road just east of Tollgate, up where the road leading to Anderson Ranch Dam is, for some joint, that read “Two Beers and a Piss away”. I always meant to get a photo of it, but at the one time I was up there and had a camera with me, somebody had stolen the sign...

Good memories.

Reactions: hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Welcome to the forum. I always wanted to visit Idaho as one of the guys on a adventure riding motorcycle formed had a thread called Idaho extreme and he was always posting up pictures of the land that was absolutely beautiful so if you can post up some pictures of your area.
I too took a 30 year break from pipe smoking.

Reactions: danimalia

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! I am also a returnee to smoking after a hiatus of almost 50 years. What a joy! I have a dozen or so of pipes I bought back then, thankfully. (But have way exceeded that number in the last five years.)

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from the SF Bay Area. I've been to Idaho once, when I was 12, on the way to Yellowstone. I remember catching a trout in the river on a rooster tail spinner right there in Boise by the college. My 12 year old self thought Boise was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.