PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
@hoosierpipeguy . Damn! I was thinking of talking Brobs into running in 2020 with Jim Inks on the 'tobacco ticket' with the election slogan 'Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!' rotf
I happen to know that @BROBS hates Latakia and has done so openly. Everyone is saying it. It is the greatest crime in the history of our country! If people were honest they would launch a full investigation! TREASON!

Also, I have it from the highest authority that HE DOESN’T EAT MEAT! THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE! SAD!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
NZ is quickly leading the race of 'free' countries turning to police states. Wonder if their MSM will now paint smokers as worms eating the country just like they did with legal gun owners last year.
No we are just the 20% of the population who is killing everybody else through second hand smoke and taking an unfair slice of the healthcare budget

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Some of my comments were tongue in cheek. It is such a long and expensive journey, it would only make sense to spend at least a couple of weeks to try to take in as much as possible. I have had the good fortune to meet a few people from Australia and NZ. They seemed to be very happy and laid back folks that I enjoyed being around. It is wrong to judge an entire population based upon the actions of few misguided and ignorant politicians.

Hold up! Are you saying all Americans are not orange chimpanzees?!? Wow I better start fact checking my local media.

despite your gruffiness and stick it comments, I’ve learnt you’re one of the kindest people of this forum Hoosier. It’s nice to know tongue in cheek humour transcends boarders

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Javan returns to the forum only to post this?! Kidding aside, Welcome back!

I wouldn't let this law change my view of visiting NZ or Australia again that's for sure, but it is another example of pipe tobacco getting caught in the cross hairs.

There is still about a month before the hammer falls, so place those orders while you can!

Nah, I returned with a fine white ash.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Hold up! Are you saying all Americans are not orange chimpanzees?!? Wow I better start fact checking my local media.

despite your gruffiness and stick it comments, I’ve learnt you’re one of the kindest people of this forum Hoosier. It’s nice to know tongue in cheek humour transcends boarders

Please refrain from spreading vicious rumors that could ruin my carefully cultivated reputation.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Damn. Now I am going to have to smoke all those strong Latakia blends I had moved on from in my cellar. Better knuckle down and get on with it I suppose.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Obviously, pipe smokers have no muscle in the legislature. The way this is done some places is for lobbyists who have an interest run a sequence of pipe smokers -- lovable grandfathers, eminent jurists, people of the cloth, the legislatures' love interests, and similar influencers -- past the committee drawing up the bill to make everyone gasp and say, "This is a good bill, but not for THOSE PEOPLE. We must write in the loophole." Which they promptly do. And everyone gets a dozen tins of whatever blend they like. Problem solved. No lobbying, no relief. Most of the legislators who voted for this have never knowingly seen a pipe smoker, or forgot they did. Get busy, New Zealand pipe smokers. The time can move your way.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
I happen to know that @BROBS hates Latakia and has done so openly. Everyone is saying it. It is the greatest crime in the history of our country! If people were honest they would launch a full investigation! TREASON!

Also, I have it from the highest authority that HE DOESN’T EAT MEAT! THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE! SAD!!!!!!!
BROBS does seem to have a certain fondness for desserts, though. Strawberry Shortcake in particular. Or so I have heard,

• Wow

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Something like this has been on the cards for a while now. I live in NZ and have been purchasing pipe tobacco from overseas for almost 18 months and all of my packages have slipped through customs un-molested. I have also previously imported whole leaf tobacco but that became a hassle as it all had to be heat treated,for which they now charge about $100 to do, although no taxes had to be paid on it. The problem now though is shipping from the States is extremely slow due to covid, I've been waiting 6 weeks for a package, when previously it would take less than 2 weeks to arrive. I'll not be ordering more until shipping times are back to normal. I have managed to build a small cellar, perhaps 5 years worth, and will continue purchasing more in small amounts hoping that it will continue to be overlooked as it passes through customs. The price here for a 50 gram tin is about $120-$150, thats 10 times the cost that I can get I sent to me for.

Status
Not open for further replies.