PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutofOffice

Lurker
Sep 23, 2020
Texas, USA
I recently picked up my first pipe from an antique shop as it caught my eye and I was determined not to walk out empty handed. I like to tinker and restore old things (hence the antique shop)
I knew it was filthy but it looked hardly used and a good starting place.
Brought it home, got online to figure out how to clean this darned thing and I found that the history of pipes intrigued me more than I had expected.
Recently picked up two more estate pipes and I will be trying out my latest addition soon. Funny how these hobbies start...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"Hey!" as we say in greeting in North Carolina. Check out the Iwan Ries 50% off sale, with pipes in the $40-$60 range, and some higher priced ones too. I trust them not to sell any shoddy briar. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: rajangan

02Knight

Can't Leave
Aug 24, 2020
Rockett, Texas. South of DFW Metroplex
I recently picked up my first pipe from an antique shop as it caught my eye and I was determined not to walk out empty handed. I like to tinker and restore old things (hence the antique shop)
I knew it was filthy but it looked hardly used and a good starting place.
Brought it home, got online to figure out how to clean this darned thing and I found that the history of pipes intrigued me more than I had expected.
Recently picked up two more estate pipes and I will be trying out my latest addition soon. Funny how these hobbies start...
That is sort of how I got started @OutofOffice, recently ran into a bunch of Estate Pipes from the Estate of a long time collector and pipe smoking Doctor in the DFW area of Texas. They were some masterful pieces of art! As I got to reading and researching I found a whole new world that I had no idea existed. So here I am now a pipe smoker and small time collector. I got so many pipes that are Masterpieces that I am having difficulty letting some of them go. Then on top of that it is helping me kick a 42 year Copenhagen snuff habit. Anyway welcome to the forums from The Great State of TEXAS.

Reactions: OutofOffice

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….

Are you planning to add some tobaccos?

Last edited by a moderator:

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Welcome to the hobby....and good luck with your restoration endeavors. If you haven't done so already....spend some time at REBORN PIPES for pipe-ish restoration techniques.

Reactions: OutofOffice
Status
Not open for further replies.