PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome! Please tell us what you like to smoke, and a few favorite pipes. Meantime, any question is fair game!

Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

1699030716300.png

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Greetings,

I am new to the forum and am residing in Austin Texas.

It was suggested to me to come to this forum to connect with the pipe smoking community so here I am.

Howdy,

Joseph
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Two Pipes Crossing

Two Pipes Crossing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2023
Austin Texas
@jpmcwjr,

I like a very broad spectrum of blend types, I’ll list what I’m rotating through this week:

4th Generation Evening Flake
Rattray’s Marlin Flake
Peter Heinrich’s Golden Sliced
C&D Oriental Silk (with some age on it)
Captain Earle’s Nightwatch
GL Pease Maltese Falcon
H&H Ten to Midnight

However, I have quite a bit put away.

I really like Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz once it’s mellowed out a bit with age.

As far as pipes, sheesh where to start?

I like all of them, I have a little over 30 I rotate through, and really like them all.

Most of my pipes are Danish Bari makes.

I have some Nordings, some Petersons, a Stanwell, a GBD, Nording 4th Generation, and a couple of meerschaum pipes.

I’ve been having an affair with a Peterson Kinsale Xl24 and a Nording 1 Silver Capped.

I’ve got probably close to 160 other pipes that I sell, which are mostly consisting of Danish pipes, a great majority of those are freehands.

I like many different tobaccos.

I have a handful that are hard to get a hold of but the ones I like the most are generally blends that are reliably available and are consist of their quality.

I have found that most bulk tobaccos shine if you pack them in mason jars and let them sit for about 10 months or longer.

Last edited:

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome to the forum.

By "New Texan" do you mean new to Texas or a new pipe smoker from Texas. (Hint: New Texans are one recently born in Texas and that would make you too young to be smoking a pipe.)

Reactions: Two Pipes Crossing

Two Pipes Crossing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2023
Austin Texas
Welcome to the forum.

By "New Texan" do you mean new to Texas or a new pipe smoker from Texas. (Hint: New Texans are one recently born in Texas and that would make you too young to be smoking a pipe.)
My original title of the post was, “New to the Forum, From Texas”, don’t know how it changed but no worries. I did it. Now added comma which should clarify.

I was born in Texas and resided here for the majority.

I’ve lived in other states and other countries as well, and I travel often within the states and abroad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian