PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

H

HRPufnstuf

@jpmcwjr,

I like a very broad spectrum of blend types, I’ll list what I’m rotating through this week:

4th Generation Evening Flake
Rattray’s Marlin Flake
Peter Heinrich’s Golden Sliced
C&D Oriental Silk (with some age on it)
Captain Earle’s Nightwatch
GL Pease Maltese Falcon
H&H Ten to Midnight

However, I have quite a bit put away.

I really like Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz once it’s mellowed out a bit with age.

As far as pipes, sheesh where to start?

I like all of them, I have a little over 30 I rotate through, and really like them all.

Most of my pipes are Danish Bari makes.

I have some Nordings, some Petersons, a Stanwell, a GBD, Nording 4th Generation, and a couple of meerschaum pipes.

I’ve been having an affair with a Peterson Kinsale Xl24 and a Nording 1 Silver Capped.

I’ve got probably close to 160 other pipes that I sell, which are mostly consisting of Danish pipes, a great majority of those are freehands.

I like many different tobaccos.

I have a handful that are hard to get a hold of but the ones I like the most are generally blends that are reliably available and are consist of their quality.

I have found that most bulk tobaccos shine if you pack them in mason jars and let them sit for about 10 months or longer.
Now that is how to introduce yourself! Welcome to the party! From...

Welcome.jpg

Reactions: Two Pipes Crossing

Two Pipes Crossing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2023
Austin Texas
Welcome from KC!! I guess Two Pipes Crossing is your Indian name.
Two Pipes Crossing is the handle I use for my small business.

In Lakota symbolism, two pipes crossing means friendship.

I use that name for my work out of respect for that culture and also that symbolism is relevant to current pipe culture.

Whether people realize it or not, the pipe has an element of being spiritual/connective, that people connect with theirselves when they take the time to smoke a pipe as well as connecting with others through the pipe and the leaf.

Without sounding like a hippy, the pipe connects people with nature, and socially with one another, and also to themselves.

As easy as it to take it for granted, it is indisputable that the leaf and the ways of smoking is profound and ancient.

I believe it is something else to realize that the smoke of ancient times still moves through time.

If you think about it, smoking a pipe, or tobacco in a admirable way, it connects you to the past, the present, and inevitably the future.

It is an old tradition that exceeds the birth of recorded history.

My apologies if my words see like a ramble, and these words only scratch the surface to something of a great depth.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What a fine reply, Two Pipes Crossing! I got to learn a bit about the pipe's meaning and rituals when I was studying The Creator's Game. My son and I love lacrosse, and have great respect for its originators and the spirituality the game usually embodied.

Two Pipes Crossing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2023
Austin Texas
What a fine reply, Two Pipes Crossing! I got to learn a bit about the pipe's meaning and rituals when I was studying The Creator's Game. My son and I love lacrosse, and have great respect for its originators and the spirituality the game usually embodied.
That’s awesome, there is much that can still be learned from indigenous cultures that still exist.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
My original title of the post was, “New to the Forum, From Texas”, don’t know how it changed but no worries. I did it. Now added comma which should clarify.

I was born in Texas and resided here for the majority.

I’ve lived in other states and other countries as well, and I travel often within the states and abroad.
You can take a Texan out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of a Texan.

It sounds like you have enough pipes in the Austin area to have some get-togethers.