PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
If they were high end guitars I wouldn't, but they're not. The Gibson is an SG Signature Series which is a low end (beginners) model, with a small amp, and the bass is a Peavy T-40 with an Orange Crush 50 amp.

I have a built-in exhaust fan in this room so it expels a lot of smoke. On the occasions where I have guests over and it gets really smoky, I can open the garage door and use a fan to push the smoke out. I'll be adding an air purifier as well, so I'm not too worried about the guitars or my other items on display.
Great space and collection. If the air filtration works for you then that’s a job well done. Enjoy your peace and happy piping

Reactions: metalheadycigarguy

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
If they were high end guitars I wouldn't, but they're not. The Gibson is an SG Signature Series which is a low end (beginners) model, with a small amp, and the bass is a Peavy T-40 with an Orange Crush 50 amp.

I have a built-in exhaust fan in this room so it expels a lot of smoke. On the occasions where I have guests over and it gets really smoky, I can open the garage door and use a fan to push the smoke out. I'll be adding an air purifier as well, so I'm not too worried about the guitars or my other items on display.
Anything with Gibson written on it is not low end. Wonderful space you have created!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
The cabinet is an old arcade unit re-done with Galaxian decals. The unit actually has a Dell computer inside of it, instead of a single arcade game unit. The CPU runs MAME and I have thousands of games on this system. All the old school arcade games, all the NIntendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genisis, Play Station, Play Station 2, etc. up to early 2000's. So pretty much any game from any game company from 1978 to 2004 is on this CPU. There are games on it that I've never even heard of, and others that were Japanese or European releases. It's crazy to think of how many games are on it as I don't even know. Unfortunately, not all of foreign releases work and some others don't either, but pretty much any game that was in an arcade in the early 80's, 90's and early 2000's is on this unit. I typically stick to the old school Nintendo games or old school arcade games (i.e. Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Frogger, Q-bert, Asteroids, Galaga, Galaxian, Centipede, Joust, Missile Command, Defender, etc.). It's pretty frickin' awesome!
Tecmo Super Bowl?

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Yes, and the original Tecmo Bowl.
Every Nintendo release for the original NES is on this cabinet under the Nintendo games. I believe all of the Nintendo 64 and game cube are on here as well. Along with I believe all the PlayStation 2 releases, but I don't know for sure.
My man. Tecmo Bowl showed me the light and Tecmo Super Bowl is still king. Baseball Stars (and the sequel) were my baseball game of choice. Add the NES classics like Contra and Punch Out, and I'm content (especially since I never got past Game Cube).

I have a handheld device that's similar, but gathering ideas for my basement (which mirrors yours in a lot of ways). An arcade cabinet with the NES classics is on the idea agenda.

Worth it?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
My man. Tecmo Bowl showed me the light and Tecmo Super Bowl is still king. Baseball Stars (and the sequel) were my baseball game of choice. Add the NES classics like Contra and Punch Out, and I'm content (especially since I never got past Game Cube).

I have a handheld device that's similar, but gathering ideas for my basement (which mirrors yours in a lot of ways). An arcade cabinet with the NES classics is on the idea agenda.

Worth it?
I love it. I play it regularly. I go back and forth between the Nintendo wheel (selection of games), and the MAME wheel which has all the classic arcade games.

The guy I bought it from buys cabinets and fixes them up for his game room. He sold this one to make room for a new one he just bought. Most of his others are just the single game for that cabinet. This cabinet was unique in the sense that it has a Dell computer in it with a 1T hard drive and has nothing but games. I got it for the low price of $600. Which for me was a steal considering the amount of games are on it. If you can find one, I'd say buy it! It's a great addition to any man cave. ;)

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant