Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
As I've been around this forum for a while, many have seen pictures of my shop, smoking lounge, "man cave," or whatever you want to call it in the past. Over the years the "Metal Lounge" as I call it has gone through many changes. My shop has a single car garage and then a large open room off of that. Originally, I started out on the garage side with a simple outdoor table and an old recliner stationed next to my riding lawnmower. At that time the other side was storage, later becoming the kids train room with a large HO scale train set. As the kids got older they stopped playing with the trains, so I swapped rooms. I moved the "Metal Lounge" to the large room and put the train set up on the garage side. Later on we got a pool table and put it on the garage side and took down the train set up altogether. As my kids got older and started having friends over to hang out and shoot pool, that room was just too cramped so we did a renovation on the shop. The large room had a built in storage area which we tore down giving us a lot more space, so now the pool room/game room has a lot more space for playing pool and with the extra space we took our sectional couch from our living room and moved it out there for seating. This allowed the wife to buy new living room furniture which she was happy about. So here is the new "Metal Lounge" and new game room (minus a few things that still need hung up on the walls).

Metal Lounge:
20240518_134319.jpg20240518_133529.jpg20240518_133633.jpg20240518_133611.jpg
20240518_133744.jpg

Game Room:
20240519_225159.jpg
20240519_225505.jpg20240519_225448.jpg20240519_225223.jpg20240519_225342.jpg

SootLeaf

Lurker
Sep 18, 2022
Maryland
Awesome looking space, I'm jealous! And I love all the MOTU sets and figures, that brought back a lot of good forgotten childhood memories. An older cousin of mine had the collector's case stuffed full of a dozen or so of them that I played with all the time. That and G.I. Joe.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Awesome looking space, I'm jealous! And I love all the MOTU sets and figures, that brought back a lot of good forgotten childhood memories. An older cousin of mine had the collector's case stuffed full of a dozen or so of them that I played with all the time. That and G.I. Joe.

I have a lot of MOTU stuff, including a bunch of the new Origins line of figures/vehicles. I used to have them displayed, but currently those are in a box as I'm not sure where or how I want to display them. MOTU and WWF were my favorite's growing up, but my brother and I had a ton of G.I. Joe and Star Wars figures and vehicles too.

Reactions: SootLeaf
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Fantastic, but where are the cigars?

I have a selection in my eletric humidor that is in the lounge, but the rest of them are in standard humidors on a shelf in the house. Between winter and summer the hot/cold fluxuates too much in the shop for me to keep all of them out there year round. The electric humidor isn't affected by the hot/cold and keeps the cigars at a constant temp and humidity. The standard humidors would be a pain to maintain if I left them in the shop, so I keep them in the house.

Reactions: Elric
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Me Jealous, Wouldn't keep my many Guitars in my Smoking Den though. :)

If they were high end guitars I wouldn't, but they're not. The Gibson is an SG Signature Series which is a low end (beginners) model, with a small amp, and the bass is a Peavy T-40 with an Orange Crush 50 amp.

I have a built-in exhaust fan in this room so it expels a lot of smoke. On the occasions where I have guests over and it gets really smoky, I can open the garage door and use a fan to push the smoke out. I'll be adding an air purifier as well, so I'm not too worried about the guitars or my other items on display.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Why does the screen of Galaxian say Nintendo?

The cabinet is an old arcade unit re-done with Galaxian decals. The unit actually has a Dell computer inside of it, instead of a single arcade game unit. The CPU runs MAME and I have thousands of games on this system. All the old school arcade games, all the NIntendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genisis, Play Station, Play Station 2, etc. up to early 2000's. So pretty much any game from any game company from 1978 to 2004 is on this CPU. There are games on it that I've never even heard of, and others that were Japanese or European releases. It's crazy to think of how many games are on it as I don't even know. Unfortunately, not all of foreign releases work and some others don't either, but pretty much any game that was in an arcade in the early 80's, 90's and early 2000's is on this unit. I typically stick to the old school Nintendo games or old school arcade games (i.e. Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Frogger, Q-bert, Asteroids, Galaga, Galaxian, Centipede, Joust, Missile Command, Defender, etc.). It's pretty frickin' awesome!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
If they were high end guitars I wouldn't, but they're not. The Gibson is an SG Signature Series which is a low end (beginners) model, with a small amp, and the bass is a Peavy T-40 with an Orange Crush 50 amp.

I have a built-in exhaust fan in this room so it expels a lot of smoke. On the occasions where I have guests over and it gets really smoky, I can open the garage door and use a fan to push the smoke out. I'll be adding an air purifier as well, so I'm not too worried about the guitars or my other items on display.
That's great. Too smokey? "Let me move that wall out of the way quick"

Reactions: metalheadycigarguy