PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Hmmm...didn't work. May have to go one size smaller. Or it could be a traffic issue; waited a long time while the system churned.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Hmm, ya, it wasn't there a couple of minutes ago. Oh well, in the future I will ensure the picture size is smaller. Liking the site though!!

Reactions: admin

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Tried to bring in a pic that is 4.0MB that was taken by my camera. Too large to import.
Yeah, that happens with direct uploads like we see in the new system. Just email the picture to yourself and choose "small" on the email resolution. Then resave it and upload.

Or use a separate app like Adobe Lightroom or various other apps that can resize. I personally use Lightroom and it exports small images directly to my pictures for uploading. Easy.

Reactions: admin

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Hi Neal, yes, that's exactly what I did. I'm not app-friendly so I will have to see about sizing my pictures through my camera hopefully.
I looked around and couldn't see a picture album on this site. Does anyone know if there is one or if we will have one ? Thanks.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Not just bad, but spectacularly bad. Tangerine Chaos. No cohesiveness, and "explained" with jumbled Cute Little Pictures. Um... language was invented because communicating with pictures was too cumbersome.

But the world is the Smartphone SwipeGod's bitch, anymore, apparently.

And every space bar or enter key hit causes a screen jump/reset. It's like trying to read a paperback while riding in a truck lurching its way down a potholed road.

Sorry, not for me.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Not just bad, but spectacularly bad. Tangerine Chaos. No cohesiveness, and "explained" with jumbled Cute Little Pictures. Um... language was invented because communicating with pictures was too cumbersome.

But the world is the Smartphone SwipeGod's bitch, anymore, apparently.

And every space bar or enter key hit causes a screen jump/reset. It's like trying to read a paperback while riding in a truck lurching its way down a potholed road.

Sorry, not for me.

I dont' know about all that, but our Avatars sure got tiny! And I can't find my photo album...

“...in an inherently changing world, any species unable to adapt is also doomed.”
― Jean M. Auel

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
+1 on the text color choice being difficult to read.
I'm having a real hard time with the orange font.
If possible, could something be done to make it easier for us old and somewhat blind folk to read all the content?
Thanks for all your hard work. Otherwise, the new format seems to be a success.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Is there a way to see the members' details without having to click on that downwards arrow? At least the post count and join date would be nice.

Larger avatars would be neat too, I can barely see the cob on the bear.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Seems to me a lot of the text below the titles in the Main category (Capitalization please!!!) should be edited to take up less space.

No quote function? Anyway, back to my point, to get past Main Category, one needs to scroll halfway down the page. Only making a suggestion.

You can collapse that part if you want.

You can quote easily by just hitting the "Reply" in the bottom right of the post you want to quote.

Reactions: frozenchurchwarden
Status
Not open for further replies.