PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
The TAD gods punisheth! I kid...yeah, this isn't the first time someone on here mentioned those weak seals. I guess that's a risk one takes with square/rectangular tins, but it shouldn't have to be that way. :(
Hahaha!! I was expecting 1 or 2 tins to have weak seals but all of them??! Good thing I have a nice stock of Mason Jars.

worlok

Lurker
Jun 28, 2021
techbait.net
SG has always been sold in tins mostly.
Unfortunately the tins that used to be used could no longer be sourced, we managed to find other tins ad after trialing these and testing them and being assured by the manufacturers they would seal and remain sealed we bought a load (and we have to buy in large bulk). However, the quality of these tins was not up to scratch as we started to get a few reports of tins not being sealed.
In order to combat this until we could find a new supplier we went with the cardboard inserts.
But due to posts on forums and such, it got to the point where everyone assumed the tins were not sealed, when 90% of them probably were. And if someone yanked on a lid and pulled it off, it was not sealed, when in fact it most likely was but yanking the lid off broke the seal.
It has been a very trying couple of years in this regard with trying to source decent tins, Brexit, covid etc.
But the issue is now very close to being resolved and there is a new tin design, a new sealing method with anti-tamper device.
Well it's December 2021 and I just got several tins of Squadron Leader and I can smell the blend without opening. I see there's a seal film around them but these can't be vacuum sealed. The tin of FVF also seems like it's not vacuum sealed. There's also an active thread on pipe smokers of America on Facebook about it lots of guys are saying they just got unsealed tins. Not sure what anti tamper device you mean but the plastic thingies sound the lid aren't doing the job if the tin isn't vacuum sealed.

I got mine from pipes and cigars this week and I have another shipment of 4x tins of FVF coming from iwan & reiss, tomorrow.

I wish I could store these in the tins until I wanted to open them...

Tom Connelly

Reactions: artvandelay007
Status
Not open for further replies.