PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I have a Xikar and an off brand that is similar as a backup. have never used a zippo for my pipe.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Nice lighter! I am thinking if getting me a Zippo, I found one like this for sale on another forum and just may purchase it.
2007-ASP-Zippo.gif

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
@mangers thats bad ass... Im going to have to definitely get my hands on that zippo

To late, it is mine!! Good luck finding another, there was only a limited amount made and that was five years ago!! :twisted:

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Grizzly, how far are you from Springfield? I'm up there about once a month when I'm home. Take the wife up monthly for her treatments.
I used to stop into Just For Him every trip, but lately haven't been making the stop. Think it's time I started again.
My wife actually bought me my first Zippo pipe lighter when I picked up the pipe and it came from JFH too. I love using it and the fuel I use is Coleman Camp Stove fuel. I've not noticed any taste or smell and it's cheap to use. I just have an empty fluid bottle I fill each time it runs empty.
If anyone here is in the springfield area and would like to meet up sometime at JFH holler.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
To late, it is mine!! Good luck finding another, there was only a limited amount made and that was five years ago!!
YOU BASTARD!!! ... LOL man I hope you enjoy that... and if you ever decide to get rid of it... please think of me :)

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
I love my zippo I Have a case that used to be a cigarette lighter, didn't know Zippo would change it for free so just went out and bought a plain pipe zippo on the cheap and swapped out the inserts. I don't think it affects the flavor but I too use the premium fuel.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Cool lighter grizzly. I can't get over the no beard and hair thing. You look so different. I assume it is for your job?

cedeks

Might Stick Around
Nov 16, 2012
I have several Zippo lighters that I really like and use a lot. However, as most of you said it really burned the rim of my pipes (specially the light colored ones) now I mostly depend on Colibri pipe lighter. It provides easier and more precise lighting experience.

After all, I still enjoy Zippo much more than any other lighters I ever used.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I wanted to add: I just got one today, the plain black, and it's fantastic!
It provides a real easy and good light, no bad flavor from the fuel that I could notice. Tried it on a bowl of H&H anni kake.

Status
Not open for further replies.