PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
The nimrod lighter I have is a pain in the butt, and I have been looking for a zippo for when it is windy. Finally found one I like.

0041-600x450.jpg

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Very nice lighter. IS that a new model or an older one? Like TopD, I have the brass one with one pipe on it. I love it.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
No idea if it's a new model...I picked it up at Just For Him over the weekend along with 4oz of Shortcut to Mushrooms and 4 oz of Treebeard.

ozymandias

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
4oz of Shortcut to Mushrooms
Ahhh, Shortcut to Mushrooms! I am a big fan! I have but a bowl's worth left that I have been saving for a special occasion. Delicious!
Nice lighter, by the way, I have been thinking of getting a Zippo myself!

erdnase

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2012
That is cool lighter.
I use matches as well inside of mine, but I do own a couple of functioning zippos.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I like my Zippo pipe lighter, a gentle flame that won't burn the rim but I am now also trying a new Colibri pipe lighter.
My zippo gave off fumes that didn't seem to fully burn off even while giving it several seconds before using. Plus it ran through fuel and flint pretty quickly.
So far, I am really liking the Colibri - but only time will tell. My Zippo will be my backup if I run into problems...

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
My zippo gave off fumes that didn't seem to fully burn off even while giving it several seconds before using. Plus it ran through fuel and flint pretty quickly.
Those are the two biggest complaints about them from what I've read so far.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I used the premium fluid for my pipe zippo. I've never noticed any tastes, fumes or smells from it like my older zippo's with the basic zippo smelling fluid.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Nice lighter!
I've been considering getting one of the "Pipe" Zippos. Do they make much of a difference than the normal one that I'm using now?

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Nice... I have a few zippo's but the one I use the most has the Presidential seal on it... and as Daytonsean stated I use the premium fluid as well, and I have never noticed a taste.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I have the "D" style, works great for pipes!
http://www.pandawill.com/antitank-grenade-shaped-cool-smoking-lighter-torch-with-keychain-p39865.html

sku11151.jpg

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I want one of those grenade lighters!!! I have a Iwan Reis zippo pipe lighter, I didn't like to use it at first, but now it's all I use.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Haven't seen Grizz much since he got his new job. Here's hoping he is well.
I have a Nimrod on order, but those grenades are nice looking.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
@cynyr Thanks for asking after me. I try to get on at least every other day to look around, but haven't been posting much. I have had my plate pretty full, but I will make an effort to jump on more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.