PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
I'm new. ish. But not a newbie. Been smoking for 50 years. Recently I find myself with much more disposable income, so, in searching for how to piss it away, have expanded my pipe collection from a handful to.....many more. But what pipes to buy ? Ah, this is where the forum is useful. A world of experience here. Thanks to all of you who have responded to my questions. Back to the original question, I'm not sure how I first found this site, but it was before the upgrade.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
There are both attractive and repulsive forces at play. This forum offers a wealth of collective knowledge in a collegiate environment, and provides a mature marketplace for private exchange.

Other forums, without naming specifics, are variously full of immaturity and one-upmanship, elitism and in-group-out-group quarreling, and (in my opinion) excessive political and personal lifestyle content that is irrelevant and detracts from the focus of the content.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Correction on the menu sir-
It’s been upgraded to avocado toast and a white claw hard seltzer;)
?

I was following the pattern of going someplace in the snow uphill both ways. In the 80s Bill Cosby had a stand up special called "Himself" where he said his father told him that's how he had to go to school. The chocolate cake and grapefruit juice was when he was trying to figure out what to make his daughter for breakfast.

Reactions: jon11 and kurtbob

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
?

I was following the pattern of going someplace in the snow uphill both ways. In the 80s Bill Cosby had a stand up special called "Himself" where he said his father told him that's how he had to go to school. The chocolate cake and grapefruit juice was when he was trying to figure out what to make his daughter for breakfast.
Thank you......man, haven’t seen that in many years. Damn, now I feel old:(

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
I can’t speak for anyone else but, I found this site through the podcast. My commute recently (3yrs ago) increased from 20-30 minutes to about 2 hours “depending on traffic “, and I’ve been listening to a lot of Podcasts. I ran out of a backlog of podcast I was hoarding about a month ago, and I thought to myself, “I wonder if there is a podcast about pipes and/or tobaccos” (My first and only magazine subscription was to a magazine called Pipes and Tobaccos...I still have every issue from their first five years), so I found the Pipes Magazine Podcast and started to explore. It didn’t take long to find the forums and I immediately signed up. Probably the best decision I’ve made since graduating from the USMC.

I’ll tell you what, I’ve recently discovered the value of forums. I recently finished building a cafe racer (a style of motorcycle), rewiring my pickup (a car with a bed in place of a trunk), navigating a fountain pen fiasco (who knew there where so many pens, or inks...oh my god, so many inks) so when I found a forum about pipes, and tobaccos, I couldn’t help myself, I joined.

I’m doing my best to be a contributing member.

Regards,
Dale

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@woodsroad 'Nazi Minions' not one of these yellow creatures in the picture has a square mustache or questionable comb over or even a rather natty uniform with shiny leather boots. AH's obsession with blond men in shiny leather boots and that odd half salute definitely had him marked out as a Greenwich Village dweller.rotf

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Apparently the website has been overrun by Millennials since the upgrade, and they're demanding all of the Boomer cellars be declared community property.
200.gif

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Used to be a new member every day or two/three. Now we seem to get several every day. It's like the land rush. I hope you all stick around and post and participate, which makes it all worthwhile. This may not be Facebook ... but then again.

Status
Not open for further replies.