PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Thanks for introducing yourself, Stuart. When you get your new pipe, I hope it becomes a lifelong friend.
When the weather permits I enjoy smoking a pipe at the end of the day. It's my reward for having done my chores for the day. I don't know if I could wait a whole week.
If you are interested, you can get a glimpse of my life here: Home Sweet Home

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
You must be very proud of you boat Philip, she is lovely. I admire anyone who is not afraid to make that kind of jump away from the norm. If we had nicer weather here and I had the balls I would love to do that.

dienne

Lurker
Feb 6, 2012
Hi Stuart. Here's my welcome as a fellow newbie and from old europe too!

I started smoking pipe back in '95 with a bent BC cocarde. It was my first pipe and at the time of course I was unable to appreciate its quality. I just smoked it for some year enjoying the pleasure of the pipe in itself. Now I'm more experienced and I can tell you that my BC is very good. It is very well balanced and a good worker that equals in taste pipes of more famous brands but with a very advantageous price-quality ratio. Only be careful that BC produces pipes of different levels. For what I've heard the lowest series are not particularly good. I'm not telling they are bad (and I dont' know the Mirage serie) but if you want a good BC my suggestion is to skip the cheaper and try for a medium level or more.

Ciao!

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
Thanks Dienne, I believe the mirage series are indeed the lower range and i appreciate the advive. Im now a little torn as I really do like the shape and colour, and I haven't found anything similar enough.

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
Thank you all, here is an update... I went into my b&m yesterday and happened across a lovely peterson 106 yesterday. Now the BC is on hold :-P my new pipe is a great pleasure :)

sirsmokesalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2012
North Carolina
Welcome! I think you'll enjoy the Butz Choquin pipe if you decide to get it.

I like mine and I have a few friends that own them and they are satisfied with theirs

as well.

I like the Churchwarden I have the best. Have you checked out the Butz Choquin website?

Pretty cool and you can select your own music while you're browsing it! :lol:

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Welcome, and enjoy the new pipe. I have a BC straight bull dog that I enjoy a lot.

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
I may well still get the BC at a later date, but for now the 106 army is a great aquisition! It feels great in the hand, smooth and a lovely wood grain and matt finish. The army mount looks great too! To be honest I was a little put off the BC when I heard that the Mirage series may be the lower quality range so I was rethinking a little, undecided. Then the 106 appeared...

Status
Not open for further replies.