PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Thought I'd try to learn how to do pictures in the forums. Here are a coupe of the "wife".

1aurora.jpg

2aurora.jpg

Cute, isn't she? There's nothing like enjoying a bowl on deck watching the sunset on a summer evening.

Here's what I smoke.

my-pipes.jpg

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Philip... she is beautiful and you're a lucky man! I don't often say this about another man's wife but I'd love to get under sail with her... :worship:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Hullo and good morning Philip. That boat may be demanding but it looks as though meet those demands, sharp.

I think I saw where you posted that you live on her. Story there, how did that come about?

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Forgive Me Pilip, But I would love to have Your wife. Your a lucky Man! Nice pics Thank You. :worship:

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Yes, I live aboard, but there's not much of a story. It was just a childhood dream and one day it occurred to me that I'd better act while I still had my health and strength, if not my youth.
I spend the winters at the marina and sail around all during the summers. It's not a convenient life style, but it suits me fine.
Today I have to get another coat of polish put on because the winter rains are about to arrive in our great Northwest.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have so many questions about this method of living. I'm not a man of the sea, but I clearly understand its pull. I hope these questions aren't too dumb.
1. Are you tied up at a certain dock all the time and only take her out on certain occasions? (Much like a human wife... the "taking her out" bit. Not the "tying up" part.) Nevermind, while I read this post a few days ago, I should re-read the whole thread before posting.
2. How do you get power? Do you pay for power at the dock (whatever you call it) marina per kwh or is it more of a per day thing? Also, do you have to decide which appliance to use because of the power situation? (e.g. I can't use the electric griddle to make pancakes until the coffee is done brewing)
3. Is there a septic tank (I have no idea what the container/tank would be called that the "matter" from "the head" gets deposited in) or do you just use the lavatory at the marina?
I have billion more, but we'll leave it at that for now.
-Jason
*Edit* added spacing for easier reading... and taking out my stupidity.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
How do you get power?

The marina provides power to the docks. That's what the yellow cord in the photo is for. It's part of the monthly rent I pay for moorage while I am here.

Also, do you have to decide which appliance to use because of the power situation?

Yes, if I go over 15 amps, I blow the fuse.

Is there a septic tank

The boat has a holding tank, like an RV. I can pump out for free at any of the public marinas or State Parks. I just use the marina restrooms when I am here. Showers and hot and cold running water are nice!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Okay, it took some digging around, but a found a photo of the inside of my boat. It was obviously taken before I moved aboard. Now every nook and cranny is filled with junk I really don't have room for. :)

Inside.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.