PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

The Rabbi

Lurker
Nov 18, 2021
Title edited for specificity and caps. -jpm

G'day all. New member. My wife & I live largely off the grid in Australia at The Bullring. I have been smoking pipes, mainly Peterson's, since 1971. My original 1971 peterson system meerschaum has developed a small hole (bit larger than a pin head) in the base. It's a real bugger trying to smoke it with my thumb covering the hole. Peterson have not made them for 15 years, so I need to repair this hole - it is my favourite pipe! Any ideas? Cheers. The Rabbi

Last edited by a moderator:

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Sorry, no ideas to help you. But hopefully more knowledgeable members will chime in. Welcome Friend all the same, from Texas.
kindly,
mike

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
G'day all. New member. My wife & I live largely off the grid in Australia at The Bullring. I have been smoking pipes, mainly Peterson's, since 1971. My original 1971 peterson system meerschaum has developed a small hole (bit larger than a pin head) in the base. It's a real bugger trying to smoke it with my thumb covering the hole. Peterson have not made them for 15 years, so I need to repair this hole - it is my favourite pipe! Any ideas? Cheers. The Rabbi
Could you send a picture...

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
If he have same problem, better way put inside the hole a little peace of art clay, you can find it in printing art stores hole world. It is no smell and different colors available, no additional chemicals. Its soft from the pack and hard like a stone after its dry. Try ❗

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Hello from Idaho,USA. WELCOME!
I’m going to follow this thread. A before and after update with pictures would be good.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is the pinhead size hole in the Meerschaum or the stem? Is it detectable on both the inside of the bowl (if it is the bowl) or just the outside? The stem would be an easy replacement.