PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Welcome! Sorry to barge in with a request to read rule 9 on capitalization. (I edited)

Hey everybody! So glad i went down a rabbit hole and found this site. I am not very computer savvy despite my age and no one i know personally really shares my passion for briar and a well cellared blend, so my pipe enjoyment and collecting have been quiet a solitary affair. Hope to meet many of you and share the neverending wealth of information that comes from the smoking circle. Even if it is online .
Welcome from Montreal, Canada!

Reactions: PuffingWalrus

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Welcome! Sorry to barge in with a request to read rule 9 on capitalization. (I edited)

Hey everybody! So glad i went down a rabbit hole and found this site. I am not very computer savvy despite my age and no one i know personally really shares my passion for briar and a well cellared blend, so my pipe enjoyment and collecting have been quiet a solitary affair. Hope to meet many of you and share the neverending wealth of information that comes from the smoking circle. Even if it is online .
Sorry to tell you we don't know much, more of the strong opinion type. :) I say that because while there is a lot to learn at the end of the day much of how to smoke and what to smoke is a matter of personal preference.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thank you for the welcome. i very much enjoy you signitiure. I also am a very large Clemens/twain fan. mine is also a quote of his. I think it was in his speech at his 77th birthday.
When I was a student, I rented a room in the garret of a Victorian house in Cambridge that was owned by Clemens' publisher. Apparently Sam would have dinner with the publisher, and then pass out and be taken to the room I eventually lived in.

And, is it Brattleboro?

Reactions: PuffingWalrus

PuffingWalrus

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
Brattleboro VT
When I was a student, I rented a room in the garret of a Victorian house in Cambridge that was owned by Clemens' publisher. Apparently Sam would have dinner with the publisher, and then pass out and be taken to the room I eventually lived in.

And, is it Brattleboro?
That is amazing! I love storys like this were you able to enjoy a pipe in the room at the time?
Yes it is Brattleboro, spotted the mistake after reading this. Many thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: kcghost and jpmcwjr