PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PuffingWalrus

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
Brattleboro VT
Welcome! Sorry to barge in with a request to read rule 9 on capitalization. (I edited)

Hey everybody! So glad i went down a rabbit hole and found this site. I am not very computer savvy despite my age and no one i know personally really shares my passion for briar and a well cellared blend, so my pipe enjoyment and collecting have been quiet a solitary affair. Hope to meet many of you and share the neverending wealth of information that comes from the smoking circle. Even if it is online .

Last edited by a moderator:

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
Welcome from normally sunny Southern California where it started raining 10 minutes ago, then stopped. Unfortunately, not enough to help us with the drought.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Hey everybody! So glad i went down a rabbit hole and found this site. I am not very computer savvy despite my age and no one i know personally really shares my passion for briar and a well cellared blend, so my pipe enjoyment and collecting have been quiet a solitary affair. Hope to meet many of you and share the neverending wealth of information that comes from the smoking circle. Even if it is online .
Welcome from Virginia

Reactions: PuffingWalrus

PuffingWalrus

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
Brattleboro VT
Welcome from Pennsylvania and New York.
Pennssylvania and new york you say. Gotta tell you when i leave my part of new england those are one of my two favorite places to go. I even once travelled from turners mass to philli just to go to Max's steaks for a cheesesteak. It was worth it, and the catskills are one of my favorite pipe pilgrimages. Sorry for the ramble, It is ice to meet you and thank you for the welcome.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Pennssylvania and new york you say. Gotta tell you when i leave my part of new england those are one of my two favorite places to go. I even once travelled from turners mass to philli just to go to Max's steaks for a cheesesteak. It was worth it, and the catskills are one of my favorite pipe pilgrimages. Sorry for the ramble, It is ice to meet you and thank you for the welcome.
I like Jim’s on South Street for cheese steaks. Apparently, they’re temporarily closed due to a fire. If you haven’t had a sandwich there, it’s worth trying.

Do you shop for pipes in the Catskills? Where?

PuffingWalrus

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
Brattleboro VT
I like Jim’s on South Street for cheese steaks. Apparently, they’re temporarily closed due to a fire. If you haven’t had a sandwich there, it’s worth trying.

Do you shop for pipes in the Catskills? Where?
I have been to jims it is to die for but the line is just sometimes too much depending on when you get there, But i agree it is a great sandwitch. Smokes choice Is where i will tend to stop and shop wile im there its the best Brick and morter shop in the town of catskill NY, still nothing compared to smokingpipes.com where i do like 98% of my shoping.

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Absolutly adore philly!!!!! could pass on center city though. but then again city centers are alway to cramped for me. Thank you for the welcome.
Philly was an acquired taste for me when I first moved here. Now, I do love it for how eccentric and brutal it can be. Center city is not a place a hang out unless I need to be there. China town and anything Rittenhouse to the Schuylkill is more my speed.

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
Hi, welcome to the rabbit hole..... err....... I mean forum ? No worries, we have many people here from around the world share the same passion with you ? You're welcome to stay!