PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
Welcome! This may be off the track you’re looking for but sir Walter aromatic to me is a “pipe smelling” blend that has stood the test of time and may have been enjoyed by your predecessors.

I don’t buy from gas stations since most of the packs are dried out but a pouch from SP or another well known retailer would be a good place
to pick some up.

Reactions: tonygreif

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What a wonderful tribute to your father! Pretty country up around Mountain View.

Today's Borkum Riff isn't even tobacco, so far as I'm concerned. I smoked some of it back in the 1970's, but can't really remember it well enough to offer you a suggestion.

In any case, welcome to the forum!

tonygreif

Lurker
Dec 28, 2022
Hello from the People's Republic of New York. What was your rate?
Hello! I started out enlisted in the Coast Guard, then got accepted to USN for flight school after college, spent six years as a Naval Aviator. My dad made it to E-7 (Master Sergeant), one brother made it to Petty Officer 2nd Class, and my other brother spent time as an Army doctor (O-4).

Reactions: motorjon68

tonygreif

Lurker
Dec 28, 2022
Welcome from Pennsylvania and thanks for sharing your video in honor of your father. My father too was in the Air Force and smoked pipes. I served in the Army but that is where I started my pipe journey. This is a great forum with great people and a wealth of knowledge.
Awesome! My brother and my best friend were both in the Army.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Mountain View, the home of Symantec. Welcome to the Forums, Sir.

You are indeed fortunate to have your father's and grandfather's pipes. Treasure and enjoy them as tangible links to these men. I hope that they may deliver to you the same solace that they provided to them.

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
Hello! I started out enlisted in the Coast Guard, then got accepted to USN for flight school after college, spent six years as a Naval Aviator. My dad made it to E-7 (Master Sergeant), one brother made it to Petty Officer 2nd Class, and my other brother spent time as an Army doctor (O-4).
Ah. I served on a few carriers in my day. Independence and Carl Vinson.

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
I did 3 years in the Army, 1 tour Vietnam, then did 3 years in the Merchant Marine. I liked the Merchant Marine more. No body was shooting at me. lol.

tonygreif

Lurker
Dec 28, 2022
I did 3 years in the Army, 1 tour Vietnam, then did 3 years in the Merchant Marine. I liked the Merchant Marine more. No body was shooting at me. lol.
That's awesome! My dad served in Vietnam as well. I got a third mate's license (unlimited tonnage, any ocean) and sailed with Lykes Lines out of New Orleans before joining the Navy. Merchant Marine was great and I've often missed that life. When I'm ready to retire I just might book passage on a cargo ship, maybe bring my sextant along or maybe just help out chipping paint with a needle gun like I used to for the fun of it. ;)

Reactions: Briar’s Echo