PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Pull up a chair/stool/barrel and sit a while for a smoke and a chat.

Whereabouts in the state are you?

Reactions: jp267nh

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. A lot of folks don't know Connecticut is a big tobacco grower of cigar wrapper leaf, so hello from another tobacco state. I think some of the CT leaf may end up in pipe tobacco too.

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Pull up a chair/stool/barrel and sit a while for a smoke and a chat.

Whereabouts in the state are you?
Thank you! I'm near Darien, CT. About an hour outside Manhattan. I own a business and commute to my office in NYC daily. That is when I'm not traveling overseas on business...

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. A lot of folks don't know Connecticut is a big tobacco grower of cigar wrapper leaf, so hello from another tobacco state. I think some of the CT leaf may end up in pipe tobacco too.
Thanks! Yest the famous CT wrapper. There's a place not too far from me that rolls cigars in Stamford and I am friends with a farmer that grows tobacco for cigars! I'm from WI originally and there were a lot of tobacco farmers there, including my great uncle, but the tobacco wasn't of a high enough grade to smoke, so it was mostly just sold to Skoal etc for chew.

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Thanks again for all the welcomes! Turned out to be a busy day and wish I could thank you all individually, but need to get some work accomplished before a meeting tomorrow. Sigh...

Reactions: diamondback

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A deadhead in Darian, CT? Possible, but not bloody likely. What made you think that he's a fellow/follower of the Grateful?

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
A deadhead in Darian, CT? Possible, but not bloody likely. What made you think that he's a fellow/follower of the Grateful?
his avatar is a riff off the iconic dead "stealie" or "steal your face" logo. instead of the standard 13pt lightning bolt there is a fish. deadheads are everywhere!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Indeed! Good to know. Uncle John's Band is one of my theme songs, but I cannot come close to calling myself a Deadhead.

Well the first days are the hardest days
Don't you worry any more.
Cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door.
Think this through with me; let me know your mind
Whoa, oh, what I want to know is: Are you kind?

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
Indeed! Good to know. Uncle John's Band is one of my theme songs, but I cannot come close to calling myself a Deadhead.
when the internet first really ramped up, my first "screenname" on AOL was UncleJohnsband. Its an all time fav of mine as well. "are you kind?" or "aint no time to hate, barely time to wait" are perfect lines from that tune.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Pipe-Hound

Lurker
Nov 15, 2019
Spokane, WA
Welcome from Spokane, WA!

picture-17020.jpg

Fare thee well!

Reactions: rdoss16
Status
Not open for further replies.