PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

daniel9

Lurker
Oct 25, 2022
Hello everyone,I've been smoking a pipe for five years。
There is no physical shop for pipes in China, so most of my pipes and pipe tobacco are purchased from the United States and Europe. I basically need to smoke one pipe a day. Along with Pu'er tea, I have many Pu'er tea from the 1990s. It is similar to pipe tobacco, the older , the more fragrant it is.
I have more than 30 pipes, and I like larsen pipes. I attach a Larsen pipe I bought in a German pipe shop and a larsen SG10 I bought from an American SP, both of which are my favorite pipes. In addition, I also like American pipe maker JT Cooke, who's pipes is very good.
我最喜欢的烟斗烟应该是 FT 的 Cut Virginia Plug,我可以抽一整天。0b57e551ffc69edb46005418672d036.jpg17b1d7a35594a528f6ef05e4f3b99a7.jpg134af7af9a618fb2a8730844ce1132e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Beautiful pipes! I, too, enjoy pu’er. I am more fond of black and oolong (huang guan yin and dan cong) teas, but a nice sheng pu’er is delightful when the desire hits. Welcome to the forum from Philadelphia!

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Welcome! Those are some beautiful pipes and it is very interesting to learn that there are no physical pipe shops in your country. I am from northern USA

Jun 23, 2019
欢迎欢迎! Which city are you joining us from?

I spent some time in Beijing/Shanghai many, many moons ago. I did a little traveling around and have very fond memories of both the country and its people.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
Welcome from California! I also enjoy tea with my pipes. It's a great match for Virginias and VaPers. It would be great to hear more about the market for pipes and tobacco in China. Does the Dunhill shop in Shanghai still carry pipes?

Reactions: Egg Shen

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from North Carolina, USA. Many years ago I took a lecture course on CD's about 5000 years of Chinese history. I really enjoyed it, the different dynasties and ethnic groups that ruled over centuries and millennia. I admired the way the Chinese culture sustained itself through many changes as a coherent and single cultural progression despite vast changes in the rulers. This is a good pipe smoking site; I always learn something.