PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafterman

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2011
I am working on a sample pouch I received from smokingpipes. I like it, but my pallet is not sophisticated enough to describe all the things that is going on with this tobacco.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Just got my Penzance order from Smokingpipes.com and to my great surprise and joy they included a sample pouch of this Highland Blend. After reading Kevin rave about it I'm torn between bowl of the new stuff or bowl of Penzance. I know a bowl of each.

lagavulin92

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2010
I found a couple of sites that have it for £125.00 and £104.00.
Let us know how it is lagavulin92.
Definitely. However, Serge Valentin (Whiskyfun) doesn't rate it very high throughout the batches. Explains the pricing for the 30yo.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
@Kevin, I did a couple bowls and also tried the Penzance. It was the first time for each and although everyone was chasing the Big P, I found I enjoyed the Highland Blend a little more. That's the fun in pipe smoking I guess as we all have different tastes.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
hmm, a pouch of this was thrown in with my last month's order from smokingpipes.com (Thanks Mark!) but I've yet to try it, being on an insane VaPer kick lately and only occasionally breaking the rhythm with a charry cavendish and sterling RLD....looks like I got some sampling to do tomorrow!

creekspecter

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2011
I've found it to be a very well-mannered, light smoke, with a hint of peat smoke. Mine, too, was included in a recent order from smokingpipes.com. I don't usually smoke aromatics, but I figured if McBaren's was willing to put the money into a fine Scotch, I should be willing to try it. I did, in a couple of meers and cobs. It smoked best for me in a cob, after just a touch of drying.
Like I said, I really don't smoke aromatics. However, this one, I think I'll keep around. It's sweet,has a beautiful room note, and makes for a nice, mild (and it is mild) change to the Latakias and VaPers I normally smoke.

Jul 12, 2011
I got a few sample pouches and fell invoke with it, I can pickup the whiskey and smokey notes are fantastic together,

Smoking it "frank method" pack in a large Sav-bulldog....oh the joy...MB got this one right!0

Status
Not open for further replies.