PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Just ordered this one late last night. I've been watching this one for a while, and I seem to have a bad habit of watching a pipe I really like until somebody else buys it. I finally decided I didn't want that to happen again as I really like the look of this pipe. The maker wasn't specified, but I believe it to be a Servi Meerschaum. It's hard to make out but I believe I can almost make out the name carved into the left hand side of the shank. This one really grabbed my attention, because the lion carving in many other pipes tend to have a cartoony look to them while this one seems a bit more realistic. And the detail in the claw and lion are fantastic. Strange as it sounds, I can in a way thank Fred Bass for this meerschaum. Since I received the claw and egg meer previously owned by him, it's been the only pipe I've been smoking. It is a fantastic smoker. And the fact that I can smoke back to back bowls with different blends each time, has rekindled my love of meerschaum pipes. In fact another reason for buying this one, is so that I'll finally put the other one down for a bit... I really just needed an excuse to buy another meer. Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive :puffy:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I believe the shank bears the name Servi

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'll be eagerly awaiting this beauty :D

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That's a great carving...congrats, enjoy.
The call of meerschaum is strong.
Once under the spell of the White Goddess, there never will be release...and all resistance is futile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8A2KITZ4Vo

Jan 8, 2013
thanks everyone :)
Can't wait to see how it colors! :clap:
I intend to get started on that day 1. :D
and now I am wondering what does she weigh?
I have no idea... But pretty sure she's not a clencher
Length : 21 cm. = 8.25"
Height : 7.3 cm. = 2.85"
Width : 6 cm. = 2.36"
Bowl Diameter : 21 mm. =0.82"
Bowl Depth : 54 mm. = 2.12"
Weight wasn't listed, but it's quite large.
Brian :rofl:

Jan 8, 2013
Nicely carved. The only time meers tempt me is when they're figurals and that's a lovely piece.
I have seen some beautiful classic shaped meers, and I'm sure eventually I'll purchase one. But it's the figurals that really speak to me as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's some real artistry in the carving. Some of the down-market meers are chipped out in a perfunctory way, but this beauty shows how it should be done.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Oh that's pretty. I love my fancy meers. They took awhile to really grow on me, but now and again I find one that I need to have. I just bought a claw and egg that is one of the best I've seen, I'll have to post a pic here for everyone. Spent years waiting for a master carver piece to present itself to me that I liked.

Jan 8, 2013
The pipe arrived today while I was at work, and I'm currently enjoying the heck out of it! :puffy: Loaded with Sutliff Queen Anne's Revenge :D

Status
Not open for further replies.