Chicago, IL
Beautiful pipe! :clap:

Now, you just gotta try this blend...

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
Enjoy the heck out of it!
:mrgreen: You used my catchphrase! And I am indeed enjoying the heck out of it. In fact I'm about to load it up with some John Aylesbury's Dragon Flake :puffy: I'm loving it!

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
That is a nice pipe, and Servi is an excellent carver. I do agree with your statement that many lions do look cartoonish or just don't look right. In my opinion Tekin carves the best looking lion. I have a Tekin Lion in Claw and its a fantastic pipe. Here is one that's very similar to mine currently on Meerschaum Market's website.
http://www.meerschaummarket.com/lion-in-claw-hand-carved-block-meerschaum-pipe-by-tekin-in-a-fitted-case-7050/

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
That Tekin is one of three I was looking at, Metalhead. And it is a fantastic looking pipe. The overall look of the lion and claw together in the Servi won me over though.
I do agree with your statement that many lions do look cartoonish or just don't look right.
And wolves... I've been wanting a good wolf meer for some time, but I have yet to find one that doesn't look either like a German Shepherd or just a generic dog shape.

jonasclark

Preferred Member
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Anthony, I'm extremely picky about meerschaum claws and lions, two favorite expressions of mine. I would bet that many users here could point out pipes of these motifs on various meerschaum sites and I would not like them. Calling me picky is really an understatement. I also do not generally like these "reverse claws" at all. I LOVE this pipe. I would use the term 'faultless.' Congrats on the purchase, and I hope you, too, find it stunning (not to mention a great smoker).

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor