Not open for further replies.

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
View attachment 63535
Apparently same ingredients
I like Haddo's but don't need a flake version of it really. Otherwise this sounds like something I'd smoke.
Maybe I'm mostly speaking for myself, but I'd wager that most fans of Haddo's would smoke something like Sixpence and find it to be an entirely different beast.

What has me excited about Windjammer is that it's closely related to a few other GLP blends that happen to be favorites. If you dig Haddo's, Filmore, Regent's Flake, or even something like Escudo or Scottish Cake, you'll dig Windjammer.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I don't think he was listening the first time. For some reason it's hard to explain to some people that when you're dealing with organic products (as in something that was once alive) they will never ever be precisely the same. Just too removed from the way most products work I guess.
You're right. The concept eludes me entirely.

Reactions: BROBS

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
As long as there's no junk in the tin I couldn't care less what the label looks like. What the hell is baijiu?
Vile stuff if you ask me, but everyone has their preference. Here in Korea, it's popular at lamb restaurants, and eaten with meat which are on metal skewers cooked over a grill, and dipped into a blend of some really great spices to numb your tongue for the baijiu. Although after a few beers and bottles of soju, it would probably all start to taste the same anyhow.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Maybe I'm mostly speaking for myself, but I'd wager that most fans of Haddo's would smoke something like Sixpence and find it to be an entirely different beast.

What has me excited about Windjammer is that it's closely related to a few other GLP blends that happen to be favorites. If you dig Haddo's, Filmore, Regent's Flake, or even something like Escudo or Scottish Cake, you'll dig Windjammer.
You had me at Fillmore. My favorite Va/Per.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
As long as there's no junk in the tin I couldn't care less what the label looks like. What the hell is baijiu?
Baijiu literally means white (i.e., clear) liquor. There this stuff:
iu

This costs $200 a bottle and goes upwards depending on vintage and is what Nixon and Chou Enlai toasted each other with. Then there this:
tumblr_ljhl4lb6zX1qaf915.jpg

This is blue collar rot gut and costs just a few bucks, even in US liquor stores.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chasing Embers

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

If it’s similar to Haddos, you can be sure I’ll try it. ?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Assuming I'm right,

You know what they say about assuming don't you?

You're right. The concept eludes me entirely.

I suggest you look up the meaning of the word Terroir. It works the same with tobacco as it does with grapes.

Unless you have FACTS to back up your OPINIONS, do not post them. Unsubstantiated claims help no one and they actually diminish the value of the forums. Not to mention that your posts have nothing to do with the original post.

Also, since this thread has been so badly derailed, which was an announcement of a new blend, it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.