PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
So I bought new a little MM Cob. Made my road trip and picked up some Old Toby and tried it out. I had to light it about six times before I got it going. I’m nice I got going it was very enjoyable.

I’m sitting on balcony in my rocking chair. The only light is a couple of gas lanterns overhead and some porch lights in the neighborhood. Sounds like the neighbor is playing the Benny Goodman orchestra or some type of swing. I’m beginning to see the enjoyment in the.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
Well, I would say the biggest problem I have is that I'm just beginning to enjoy the smoke when it's over. :( That chamber was small. Would it have been okay to just load another bowl and keep going?

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
Well, I would say the biggest problem I have is that I'm just beginning to enjoy the smoke when it's over. :( That chamber was small. Would it have been okay to just load another bowl and keep going?
Dude - just keep going if you’re luv’n it! You do you...?

Reactions: AlabamaDan

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Is that the Huck Finn? Looks like it. I have one and I've smoked it quite a bit. It is a quick smoke, 20-30 minutes. I've smoked consecutive bowls in it with no problem.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Well done and you're also well on the way to nailing the other essential pipe smoking skill of taking a pic to upload showing said pipe & (spilt) baccy. Remember to add lighter and tamper and your sorted ??

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome to the gentle art of pipe smoking. I've smoked cobs, along with briar and Mountain Laurel pipes, for years. I've come to like the ones that come with acrylic stems as stock, since I chew up the regular ones. They cost a little more, about $25, but the stems last.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
I enjoyed this combo so much last night I decided to do it again this morning. It’s just 10AM. I’ve gone out to breakfast with my wife, picked up my dry cleaning (they saved 7 shirts!) and had two tires installed on my car. Wife is out doing her thing. It’s been such a productive morning I decided to reward myself with a pipe back out on the balcony again. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.