Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ran across this as I was looking for a Dunhill lighter. Knockoffs of SI DuPont? Like calling a watch a "Rollex" made in China, hard to sue for infringement?
Anyone have one? For under $30 —a waste of time— or a deal?
Made in China New S.T. Lighter

No packing boxes
Size: 3.7cm * 6.1cm * 1.0cm

Brand new never been worn.

100% satisfaction guaranteed.

Classic Dupοnt "Ping" Sound.

Perfect engrave, perfect weight feeling.

Durable,Really the lowest price with best quality.

Actual lighter is more beautiful than photo.

This Lighter Has Been Completely Checked & Serviced By Professional , It's Perfect Working And No Gas Leaking .
LINK to buy it now offering.

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
For $30 it might be worth a shot. Have you looked at IM Corona lighters. I think they start around $100 but its much better than $400-$800 for a Dunhill. Japan makes great lighters.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, I love my Corona Old Boy, and it was more than a sawbuck. Also just bought a used Dunhill for under that, and am awaiting its delivery. Then I'll start chasing Harris' collection..... Not. His lighter stable is impressive. Also have two Kiribi Kabutos which I like a lot.
I think I have LAD.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
There are other ways! Such as hearing other sucker's brave soul's experiences or reading reviews. But I think I have my answer for now, and it's a pass.

Reactions: saintpeter

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I own several older Dunhill lighters. A few Rollogas's, a couple of Unique's, and they all have gas regulation that is inferior to the IM Corona. The Dunhill's are beautiful, have excellent fit and finish, but in reality, my IM Corona Old Boy is a better lighter.
But I'll keep collecting the Dunhills!

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I just got one of these the other day. Filled it up, and it lights up fine. Its heavy, too, thats for sure.

The "ping" sounds like Glamdring from the old Rankin LOTR movies.

I've got my Corona Double in the shop so we'll see how they perform against each other over time, but so far I'm impressed.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I got one a couple days ago as well. I did have a weird hiccup today as I was striking the wheel, but I think I bumped it wrong. Seemed to move out of place, but corrected after a few backward spins. Pros, nice weight and good soft flame, price. Cons, not wind worthy. But that’s okay, as I smoke a lot in the garage. So far day 4 and numerous lights it works.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I was just outside with it and I'd agree that its not exactly wind worthy.

Probably will end up passing it off to a buddy, but I am impressed w the build quality.

(I still prefer my Pipemaster... not much will beat the PM, its probably the best lighter/pipe investment I've made)
VnslZgY.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
To answer my own question of five months ago: They are fine. So fine I bought four of them, two in service at the moment, two unwrapped.
Dan- Didja get the Rollegas rolling?

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
I just received my two this week. Well so far I think they are a hard deal to beat for the cost. I have never owned a Paris Dupont lighter (could not justify the cost) but these seem to be a very solid build. They fill and work just fine. Are they better than my cheap butane's and Zippo - I would say not - but they are prettier!
img_3195-1-600x378.jpg

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I have been using one of these daily for about 4 months. The fit and finish are as good or better than the real thing (we compared at a local shop). Lights everytime. I've ordered a black lacquered one.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That they isn't the same they, I am pretty sure! The DuPont "tribute" lighters are made by a Chinese outfit or two, and the antique hot air balloon was made-purportedly- by the real STDuPont firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.