PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Phonomet added. No offense taken, rsuninv--I was just letting y'all know the clerical error was my fault.
Woodsroad has graciously stepped up to offer a hand with the box pass. He'll be enforcing the commandments, along with Chuck Norris.
Don't get on his bad side.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Maybe one of the commandments should be that your contact info will be posted public in this thread if you become irresponsible? The guy could be a neighbor... Responsibility is a heavy responsibility.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Everyone,
The Box Pass will continue to be run on the promise of Good Will. Well-intentioned nudging, prodding and poking is to be expected, but when we have to start publicly threatening or humiliating participants, then the game is over.
Get outside and enjoy the day, folks. It's a fantastic day here in SE PA, and I have the graduating class of Haverford College waiting for me to take their picture.
Enjoy,
Woodsroad

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
@Peteguy, I've sent an email to Quincy. If I do not hear back today, I will call him. Thank you for checking in and staying current on the thread.
@Everyone else: For the most part, we will be sticking with the established rules and protocol set forth by Romeowood. I will be attempting to keep a close eye on things and prod when someone strays from the Golden Path to BaccyKarma.
There will be a Rules and Status Update in the next couple of days.
That is all.
-Woodsroad

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Just to throw this out there... If you read through this whole thread (which you should be doing since it's a rule), you'll know we've had some of the boxes go missing. This is the second or 3rd iteration of the Box Pass. It had started a while before I joined nearly 4 years ago. This is my point. We STILL have a box pass because there are people like romeo and woodsroad who want to see it succeed. I applaud their efforts. I couldn't do it.
Thanks to everyone who continues this fine tradition we have here.
-Jason

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
This whole process is very simple. Romeowood started the last box and PM'd me asking if I am still interested and since I was eager to participate, for my contact info. He must have asked for many peoples info since it was in the box. He posted the tracking number and I waited. I received the box and posted here that I had it. The day I received it I reached out to pylons confirming his interest, his address and his cell number ( looking back I should have called the cell number to introduce myself and confirm the number). I took my samples and made my additions along with those of my pipe club. When I was done I went to the post office and posted the tracking number. I know pylons basically did the same thing and got it off to the next recipient without a hitch. Not really hard to do. Now I know Quincy is still posting so him not being around is not the question this time.
Glad to see Dan is offering support. Let's hope we don't need to call Chuck

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Quincy emailed me this evening, and all is well with the world. The box will move early next week. Chuck is napping right now, so let's not disturb him.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The Box Moves!
USPS Tracking: 9114901189866961535262
Quincy tells me that his pastoral work has overwhelmed him as in the midst of moving to a new congregation this week, three of his parishoners passed away.
Excrement occurs, the Box Pass continues.
Please remember: If for any reason you doubt your ability to follow the Box Pass protocol, feel free to contact me and we'll figure out a way to keep you in the loop.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Woo-hoo!! :clap:
Hey woodsroad ... are you the new list keeper?

I e-mailed romeowood and he said I would be added.

Let me know if I need to forward the info to you.
Thanks!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have followed the box pass thread with interest over the months. I concluded long ago it was not for me as it contains little or nothing I would actually smoke. That being said people are forever giving me tins of stuff that I will never smoke and I cannot even palm them off on my chum Andre. The only thing I really like was 'Old Dark Fired' and one of 'woodsroads' blends but that being said I will make a point of putting the tins I get from clients as gifts to one side. I will be seeing' woodsroad' on my return from Europe so I should gather these up and pass them on to for your box pass thing.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Good and slightly bad news!!
The good news is the box arrived. The bad news is there was a sidewall blowout and the bag of Penzance was half open with contents scattered inside. I tried to save what I could of the penzance without getting to close to the cardboard. I do not know if anything is missing. I will try to post pictures in the next day or two.
I will need to put everything in a new box when I ship it. Lots of stuff I have never tried or heard of so excited for that.
Look for more news over the next week or so and then she will be on the road again.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
the bag of Penzance was half open with contents scattered inside. I tried to save what I could of the penzance
Just admit that you smoked up all the Penzance ... it's OK. :rofl:
Good to hear the box is there ... enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.