PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
OK, I just PM'd Quincy to get his address. The box shall be on its way come Tuesday, a day later than I originally planned.
My pics are not as nice as Jordan's, but here you go:

The 3rd picture is what I am adding to the box. 100g Murray's Erinmore Mixture, Solani 633 and a couple year old tin of Key Largo. It is a bit puffy so should be pretty tasty.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Is Baron still running this pass or did Romeo take over the master list? I sure would like to get in on this action. If anyone in line before me is in the Denver area, I could use a double handful of Nosferatu! It it cheaper to mail this box than what Tewksbury has to charge now. Who do I PM? My cellar needs thinning...

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Metarzan - I believe this would be the updated list:
Mrenglish - Current holder

Quincy

Kcpoe

Mrgunnar177

Peteguy

Rsuninv

Woodsroad

Zunismoke
There are instructions on page 1 and yes Romeo took over and has done a fine job. And just to add THAT BOX LOOKS WONDERFUL!

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
The promised update.
NOTE: In the hopes of mitigating, or at least limiting, disaster befalling the box, additions to the list will be made quarterly (or thereabouts). If you want to join the queue, you must pay attention to the thread and follow it closely. This is not hard to do, just "Favorite" it by checking the little checkbox. I'll also be limiting it to the first ten names or so to keep it manageable.
THE BOX PASS COMMANDMENTS:

Here are the basics: This Box Pass is a box that has a large variety of tobaccos for you to sample. It is sponsored by the members, not PipesMagazine. If you want to be included, you must meet the requirements below:

1. Thou MUST be a member for a minimum of 4 months.

2. Thine post count MUST be at least 100 posts.

3. Thou MUST HAVE the financial resources to spend $20-25.00 on shipping the box to the next person. Thou will ALWAYS get a tracking number.

4. Thou MUST live in the U.S.A.

5. Thou MUST give your: name, screen name, address, email address, and phone number to RomeoWood (he will keep your phone number and not put it on the list).

6. THOU SHALT NOT keep the box longer than 2 weeks.

7. THOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORUM THREAD AND POST YOUR INTENTION TO RECEIVE THE BOX, POST WHEN YOU GET IT AND POST WHEN YOU MAIL IT.

8. THOU MAYEST ONLY JOIN QUARTERLY (OR THEREABOUTS).

Do not sign up if you do not have a stable address, will be moving soon, are going to school out of state, are liable to be abducted by aliens, etc. You need to be an active, established member on here to show that you will be sticking around, and are trustworthy. The other several boxes that were "lost", were the result of not having the above attributes. Favorite this thread, stay active on it, and make sure you're posting when your turn comes around to avoid being dropped. I suggest that once you're in possession of the box, you post your intent to mail on the thread AND directly to the member so that the next in line can respond; if they don't respond in time, move on to the next person that does.
THE CURRENT LIST:

Mrenglish - Current holder

Quincy

Kcpoe

Mrgunnar177

Peteguy

Rsuninv

Woodsroad

Zunismoke
If you wish to be added, please READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE MESSAGING ME. Seriously.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
If you wish to be added, please READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE MESSAGING ME. Seriously.
Just disregard my previous PM request then I guess. Sorry to bother you.

Enjoy the pass, Ron

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I'm with you Pylorns. I think if I read all the posts NOW I would have been discouraged due to some of the bickering and lost boxes

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I read all of the old box pass threads back when I joined the list. When I asked to be added to this box pass list, Romeo asked me to read THIS whole thread. It took a while, but I did it. Couldn't handle it in one sitting, though!
Glad to see thinks truckin' on. I'll have some good stuff to add when it lands on my doorstep, including several of my own blends and some whole leaf.
PlanB21-vi.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Not homegrown, but my own blend. There is some whole leaf in there. The Latakia, Yenidje, Izmir and the Dark Fired are all from whole leaf.
I hope to plant 'baccy next summer. I was just way to busy with work this spring to make it happen! And I need to learn more about curing/fermenting.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
@Woodsroad your tobacco looks awesome! Very cool you made it from whole leaf.
I too am on the path of reading all these posts, but I have a few weeks still as I will not have a stable address until I graduate law school next month. I had kept up in the past when the box was lost the last time but did not start at the beginning.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
There isn't much to the basic act of blending, just mix stuff together. It's a lot like cooking: Anyone can do it, but if you want to do it well, it takes some thought, reading and experimenting. All the basic knowledge is here on this site, and there are folks, myself included, who will be happy to help you out. I've posted some of my formulas here, complete with basic instructions, so that you can re-create what I've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.