PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2019
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Neill Archer Roan. Neill is a pipe community celebrity. He was the most prominent, sophisticated pipe blogger (he quit blogging), has photographed nearly a thousand pipes, and innumerous pipe makers and industry personalities, has a huge collection of artisan pipes and vintage tobacco, wrote and photographed the pipe book; “Comoy’s Blue Riband”, plays classical guitar, and is Principal of The Roan Group, a strategy consulting firm based in Washington, DC. In Pipe Parts, Brian will give a “State of the Pipe World Address”, including news about the Chicago pipe show, and the PCA trade show.

Neill-Archer-Roan.jpg
The show with Neil was the very best in all of your programming IMO, Thanks for making such a good call on that one
Cheers
Pipe Collector 34 aka Java3

michail

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 7, 2015
Paros, Greece
Just listened again the interview.

Neill is a great man, always a pleasure to talk with him on both pipe and non-pipe related things.

A Passion for Pipes was an incredibly well written blog and a big school in my early pipemaking career. I'm happy that I got to see it gloom and so sad when he took the decision to shut it down.

Reactions: litup

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
A Passion for Pipes was an incredibly well written blog and a big school in my early pipemaking career. I'm happy that I got to see it gloom and so sad when he took the decision to shut it down.

I agree. His blog was truly special. Great writing, beautiful photography, and incredible knowledge all in one place. The pipe world lost a real treasure when A Passion for Pipes was taken down.

Reactions: michail

michail

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 7, 2015
Paros, Greece
I agree. His blog was truly special. Great writing, beautiful photography, and incredible knowledge all in one place. The pipe world lost a real treasure when A Passion for Pipes was taken down.

Can't agree more. Also it wasn't only Neill s incredible attention on posts and photography. The level of commenting and discussions on was really good and informative too.

Reactions: litup
Status
Not open for further replies.