PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Ah, they are beauties!

I could get a cleaner through the one bent pot, but I had to hold my tongue just right and say a rosary before I tried.

Actually I just had to give the cleaner an ever so slight bend on the end and averaged about one out of ten tries with success and about a whole pack of pipe cleaners.

The other bend just plain would in no way go, and you could see the indent from the cleaner point just below the draw hole if you looked down into the stummel.

SP was great though and gladly received them back with no questions asked.

Something about a Neerup....everyones different..

I am an old VW Bug driver, and these little guys seem to strike that chord within me...

Slightly eccentric, somewhat oddly shaped yet undeniably reliable and simple....

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Ah, they are beauties!

I could get a cleaner through the one bent pot, but I had to hold my tongue just right and say a rosary before I tried.

Actually I just had to give the cleaner an ever so slight bend on the end and averaged about one out of ten tries with success and about a whole pack of pipe cleaners.

The other bend just plain would in no way go, and you could see the indent from the cleaner point just below the draw hole if you looked down into the stummel.

SP was great though and gladly received them back with no questions asked.

Something about a Neerup....everyones different..

I am an old VW Bug driver, and these little guys seem to strike that chord within me...

Slightly eccentric, somewhat oddly shaped yet undeniably reliable and simple....
Yeah I would not describe myself as a fan of Danish artisan shaping in general but Neerup is an exception. For whatever reason they just click with me. Seems just about every pipe I've bought gurgles a bit at first, so taking a cleaner would be important

germinal

Lurker
Mar 18, 2021
Sweden
Here's my Peder Jeppesen IDA tomato, high quality pipe for a very reasonable price. Some corners have been cut of course but where it matters it's certainly top notch. From Al Pascia, quick delivery and the giftwrapping made me happier than a grown man should care to admit, quite a contrast to how most deal with shipping.

pj.jpg

pj2.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Here's my Peder Jeppesen IDA tomato, high quality pipe for a very reasonable price. Some corners have been cut of course but where it matters it's certainly top notch. From Al Pascia, quick delivery and the giftwrapping made me happier than a grown man should care to admit, quite a contrast to how most deal with shipping.

View attachment 71829

View attachment 71830

Excellent!

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I don't think neerups and jeppeson pipes have ever been accused of having to thin of walls. I prefer thick walls with a good size diameter. I have large hands and they feel comfortable to me. I don't usually clench so its no big deal on that front.

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I have one and love the look and the bowl size.

The killer though is that I can't get it to smoke well, even after almost 30 bowls. Every blend in it tastes very off from how they normally taste.

It has fallen to the back of my collection for now. I'm sure I will revisit it at some point.

IMG_20200506_003346.jpg

Fiddlepiper

Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com

The killer though is that I can't get it to smoke well, even after almost 30 bowls. Every blend in it tastes very off from how they normally taste.

It has fallen to the back of my collection for now. I'm sure I will revisit it at some point.

View attachment 71853
That's a bonnie pipe! Shame it's not smoking how you'd like. I haven't found that with mine. Do you have others with a similar bowl profile? Wonder if it could have something to do with that?

germinal

Lurker
Mar 18, 2021
Sweden
I love my Neerups, and have been smoking them more lately. Mine range from .8” wide chambers to almost an inch. Love the huge chambers.

Wide and deep, just how I like 'em :ROFLMAO:

Only just realised there was a thread for these so taking the opportunity to post photos of my (fairly recently) acquired Jeppeson ?

Beautiful pipe!

Strange that, I've read that some have had issues with taste from the bowl coating, 30 smokes should be plenty to get rid of that though. Maybe a careful clean of the mortise with high-proof alcohol if that has not been attempted? First time cleaning mine I got something resembling the finish of the pipe (slightly unnatural color) out of the mortise and I could imagine that imparting an off-taste.

Reactions: Fiddlepiper

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Wide and deep, just how I like 'em :ROFLMAO:

Beautiful pipe!

Strange that, I've read that some have had issues with taste from the bowl coating, 30 smokes should be plenty to get rid of that though. Maybe a careful clean of the mortise with high-proof alcohol if that has not been attempted? First time cleaning mine I got something resembling the finish of the pipe (slightly unnatural color) out of the mortise and I could imagine that imparting an off-taste.

Definitely worth a shot. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: germinal