PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I'd actually like to hear from Kevin or one of the Moderators why he was allowed back. I just posted a pipe to trade and to be honest, I'm a little leery of doing it after reading this thread. I think Pipe Novelist is right in the way he feels. This person doesn't deserve this forum. It's a privilege not a right...

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I don't think the mods should say why they let him back in, they should ban him outright, this ain't right, not one person isn't in agreement here. The kind of guy that would be upset this much by it probably ain't the kind of guy to egg someone on enough to post this kind of crap, even so there is no amount of egging on that would justify this type of response. I would like to think we are all gentlemen at heart here (even though we don't always act like one).
It's funny anthony how you say we think alike, that 74 in your name is my lucky number since I was a few years old. I have no idea why, the number just occurs in my life right before really good things happen.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
I would have reacted in the same way Pipe Novelist. The idea of the forum is to share an interest in the hobby of pipe smoking. Yes there are bickerings at times, even I have been involved in them during my short stay. But as long as they end on good terms everything is fine. This here on the other hand is certainly not a "bickering" I would hope that some action is taken against this individual. Threats no matter how unrealistic should never be tolerated.
Keep puffing and keep posting :puffy:
Herm

Jan 8, 2013
It's funny anthony how you say we think alike, that 74 in your name is my lucky number since I was a few years old. I have no idea why, the number just occurs in my life right before really good things happen.
Eric... that was just darn right creepy... :rofl:

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
That is just .... well.... fucked up.
We all say things in the heat of the moment, drunk, stoned, the dog died or some sort of half excusable situation. But if you do that once, you won't have a seat at MY dinner table anymore.....

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Wow. Sorry to hear this happened to you. The internet can be rough at times. But I think you handled it well. And I'm glad to see the support you're getting here on this thread.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
So Anthony, your lucky number is also 74? That is really wierd! I thought I was the only one lol... Maybe we were abducted by the same aliens?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That is pretty nuts and I don't blame you for wanting to get it off your chest. I would be pissed as well that he was let back in, and like you, I doubt I'd revisit very often, if at all.
Still, as damning as the evidence is, I always believe in hearing both sides of a story (no matter whose side I am hearing). Assuming the facts are as you present them, I hope Kevin and the mods will rethink their decision or at least explain why they felt he deserved a second chance.

Jul 15, 2011
I'm glad that this has been as civil as it has been, I really didn't know how it would be received.
I have already had a couple of PMs asking me who the culprit is, but I am still waiting to see what comes of the situation before I say any names. Also, thanks to those who showed support in this situation. I realize that the internet brings out this kind of behavior (I used to frequent Xbox live quite a bit, that shit was way worse), but given the atmosphere here and the reputation of all our members, I expected that this sort of thing wouldn't be brushed aside in the manner that it was, and the whole thing just really, pardon my language, really burns my ass. I realize that internet bullies pop up every now and again, but this is why measures are supposed to be in place for this kind of behavior. Thanks again everyone.

Jan 8, 2013
Actually, Eric 74 was the year I was born :)
Pipe Novelist. I hope things are cleared up on this issue pretty soon. I rather enjoyed reading your posts as well as others.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Well dude, I've always enjoyed your posts and hope you stick around!

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Pipe Novelist is a stand up guy. I have done SEVERAL trades with him during the time I've been here. He even just up and sent me a gift once out of the kindness of his heart. Anyone that treated a member like him in a manner such as that ought to be sent packing. I've seen other forum members banned for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.